Chapter 32

I've been playing for god knows how long now. I'm so focused that I don't realise a bunch of women staring at me from behind. Not weirdly staring at me more like stunned staring if you know what that means. I'm trying to master one of my skills. It's basically me doing kick ups but at one point I catch it between my knees and do a backflip. It takes a while to master the catch but once I get it I try and do the backflip. But that takes a lot longer to master. Over after over I keep messing up my landing. God sake why can I not master this! At one point I get so frustrated that I kick the ball as hard as I can. It flies towards the goal. I watch the net ripple. The ball bounces down from the top corner and lands in the bottom. As I go to fetch the ball I realise talking behind me.
"She's good." I hear one person say.
"Who is she." I heard another. I grab my ball and as I turn around I see most of the USA team staring at me and I see some of the england team watching me. The england team consists of who were at that cafe but the USA team I couldn't tell you. I don't really know most of the USA team. I ignore the staring and turn back around pretending I didn't notice them. I go back to trying my original trick when I realise someone come over to me.
"Hey before you try the backflip look at your position. Make sure your knees aren't locked and make sure your arms are loose by your side." Lucy fucking Bronze says. I look at her and decide I can talk to her.
"Uh c-can you help me?" I ask politely.
"Of course I can. Look" she touches my shoulder slightly. Then she gently moves it back and pushes my knees out slightly. "Try and do a backflip before you do it with the ball." She says to me and I nod. I jump to do the backflip and land awkwardly falling over.
"I'll never be able to this is stupid trick!" I complain.
"Never shouldn't be a word in your vocabulary. Look I'll spot you." She says and I nod. This time when I go to do my backflip Lucy places one hand on my back. This time when I jump Lucy helps me get air. And this time when I land I get a slight wobble but Lucy steadies me.
"Look at you superstar." She says to me and gives me a high five.
"I think I'm ready to do it on my own." I say to her.
"Go for it." She says to me. I set up how Lucy taught me and this time when I jump I get the air. When I land I land how I did with Lucy.
" I did it! I actually did it!" I yell. Then I pick up the ball. I don't fancy doing anymore backflips today. But I do still wanna play.
"Hey how about if you can get past me I will get you anything you want. In reason of course." She says.
"Anything?" I ask.
"In reason. But yes." She says.
"Game on." I say as I pick up the ball. I stand on the edge of the 18 yard box. And Lucy stands on the penalty box line. I start dribbling and Lucy stays side on. She gently pushes me out and I try and rainbow flick over her. It doesn't get high enough and Lucy gets it. I lean back falling gently. Lucy reaches a hand out for me and pulls me up.
"Good game." She says and I laugh.
"You only won because your ancient." I say causing Lucy to act offended. I laugh and she starts chasing me. She easily catches me and she picks me up throwing me over her shoulder.
"Eww you sweat." I say lifting my head up. Lucy takes me towards my mothers and the English team and sets me down right in front of my mum.
"Now your gonna apologise and say I'm not old in front of these witnesses." Lucy says. I stand up and say.
"Your not old." I say this and Lucy looks happy before I go.
"Your ancient." I say this then I run and Lucy starts chasing me again.