Chapter 31

TOBINS POV

"Alright is someone gonna tell me what the fuck just happened. That poor girls face as soon as she saw Alex. She looked terrified!" Ash says as soon as I get back from helping Tiana.
"I'm with you Ash. That girl looked as if she saw a ghost." Megan says. I look at Alex.
"I'm not saying anything. Tell them the truth." I say coldly to Alex. I know I scare her. Good.
"Tell us what exactly?" Ali says.
"Uhm well." Alex starts.
"Spit it out. Tell them. It was your own actions. If you don't tell them I will." I say firmly knowing full well it will be 100 percent worst if I say it.
"I uh. Look I can't say exactly." She says.
"That's it. Alex slapped that girl in the face." I say coldly. Megan Ash and Ali all had shocked faces mean as Alex had a look of guilt.
"Did you apologise?" Ali asked Alex.
"I did to her mother." Alex said.
"Whose her mother? Does she have something to do with football why else is she in the tunnel?" Megan asked. Alex gave me a pleading look to tell them so I did.
"Beth Mead." I say. All there faces dropped.

Tianas POV
As I walk out the tunnel I see my mom. I run up to her a hug her. I hide my face in her body embracing her heat. Why do I feel this way towards Alex. It is partly my fault to why she hit me. It actually terrifies me. Then we see the USWNT exit though the tunnel. Viv seems to put the pieces together.
"Did she hurt you again?" She asked. I shook my head.
"I saw her with some of the other players though and it scared me. Why does SHE scare me?" I ask my mom.
She breathes a sigh of relief probably because I haven't been hurt. Well physically at least.
"Because she scared you. Yes what you said was wrong but it didn't mean she could hit you. It scared you." Mom says keeping a protective arm around me.

90 minutes later
England just beat USA 2-1. Mum played amazing and came away with 2 goals. 1 assisted by Keira and another assisted by Ella. Me and mom walked down to the banister. I weren't gonna go on the pitch now. Not while all the cameras were about. At that moment I realise a bunch of players from the USA coming towards me and mom. I slightly hide behind mom as the players get closer.
"Hi, Becky SauerrBrunn." Becky introduced herself to my mom and shook her hand.
"I wanted to formally apologise for the actions of Alex. No matter what your daughter said it was no excuse for Alex to hit her. On behalf of the whole team we would like to give you a signed USWNT jersey. I know this is not at all a reasonable swap for being hit by Alex but I hope you realise her actions were definitely a spur of the moment type of thing and she is sorry." Becky said making me hang on to every word. My mom could sense I didn't want to talk to someone I just met and said thank you. She took the jersey as well. After Becky had walked off mom turned to me.
"What you think? Bit big for you isn't it?" Mom said holding it up to me as if I was gonna wear it. I laughed.
"Mom why does everyone always stare at me? First it was the England team and now it's America as well!" I say.
"Because your a top g." Mom says copying a phrase I used all the time a few months ago. I laugh. Eventually most fans in the stadium have left so I decide I wouldn't mind going on the pitch now. That's when I see mum holding a football.
"Can I play? Pleaseee!" I say doing a cute face mum can't resist.
"Yes fine just please don't take anyone out!" Mum says as she hands me the ball and I run off to one of the free spaces on the field which just so happens to be near the goal.