Chapter 28

I was walking next to my mum right now. She banned me from my skateboard at the minute as my legs are bleeding and all scraped up. Me and mum are right at the back of the group of girls and I realise the girls keep turning around and looking at me for a second before turning around again.
"Why do they keep looking at me?" I ask mum.
"Only a few of them know I have a daughter. And the few that do know didn't know what she looked like." Mum starts. "I think they heard our conversation." Mum says .
"Oh ok." I say a bit of panic still on my face. Mum stops me and leans down so she's the same height as me.
"Hey your ok. Look I promise you there just a bit surprised. I'm sure they all love you." Mum says. I nod warily. Then I notice Leah seem to drop back to talk to me and mum.
"You okay mini Meado?" She asks me.
I just nod not wanting to talk right now.
"She's just a bit anxious cause all the girls keep staring at her" mum says.
"Don't worry about them kid. Just a bit surprised." Leah said "I can tell them to stop if you want." She questioned. I shook my head. I still don't want to talk I just want to stay near my comforts. Beth gives Leah the look to say it's ok and she's got me Leah nodded then walked off to the others who were a bit infront of us.
"Hey. I've heard about how you want a dog. A Belgian Malinois. What would you call him?" Mum asks distracting me and I can say it worked.
"Maverick!" I say proudly with a smile on my face. Eventually we reach the cafe.
"What do you two want?" Leah asks me and mum.
"Le you don't have to do that." Mum starts.
"I want to. Now what do you want?" She asks again. I look at mum for confirmation and she nods so I talk.
"Pork Pie and water please." I say to Leah and she nods as she takes a mental note.
"Just a coffee for me thanks le." Mum says. Then mum talks to the kind Australian woman behind the til. She gets a first aid kid from her and takes me to sit down on a table. A bunch of girls are all on random tables close enough to eachover. Mum starts wiping my cuts with alcohol wipes causing me to flinch and my eyes water. I push her hand away.
"No no no that hurts!" I say to mum.
"I know it does kiddo but we have to make sure it cannot get infected." Mum says. Mum tries to rub my cuts again but I yet again push her hand away. Mum sighs.
"How about we try water?" She questions earning a shake of the head from me.
"It will hurt." I say.
"Yes it probably will but we have to stop it from getting infected. Here's an idea how about you do it." Mum says and I nod. Mum passes me the alcohol wipe and I flinch when I press it on one of my several bleeding cuts. Eventually  I've wiped them all down.
"See that wasn't that bad was it." Mum says and I just look at her questionably.
She laughs then starts gently putting plasters on my cuts. On one of the deeper ones she wraps it in a bandage. I look to my left as a way of stopping it hurt and see the girls grabbing glances every now and then. Thankfully Leah comes up to me and when she sees where I'm looking quickly goes and has a silent word with the girls. I appreciate it.
"1 water and 1 pork pie for miss Tiana Mead. Oo those are some nasty cuts. That skateboard is dangerous" Leah says causing me to laugh at how she addresses me.
"Thanks Leah." I say.
"And 1 coffee for senior Mead." She says.
"Senior more like old" I say laughing.
"Oi you!" Mum says as she try's to tickle me. I see mom walk in and as I see her I go up and run behind her.
"Mums trying to tickle me." I complain to her.
"Did you deserve it?" Mom asks me.
"No."
"Yes. She called me old" mum says as we reach the table.
"You told me to always tell the truth to you." I say. This causes mum to tickle me some more and me to squirm. When she thankfully stops I take a bite out of my pork pie (which is amazing by the way) and then take a sip of water. Mom goes off and gets a coffee. As everyone is talking I get bored so I ask my parents if I can go explore Australia.
"Pleasee! I promise I'll be safe." I say. Mum and Mom exchange some looks before mom then speaks.
"You can go if you leave your skateboard here." It takes me a minute to think before shouting.
"DEAL!" And running out giving a thumbs up to mum as she says be safe.