Chapter 34

I've been playing for quite a while now. Out of the blue something hits me on the back. I take my AirPods out and turn around.
"Excuse me we were talking to you" a white skimpy boy who I can only imagine is called Ben or Sam says.
"Had my headphones in sorry what's up?" I reply trying to keep this conversation short and sweet.
"This courts ours so can you go?" He says. He seems like the only one who can talk in his friend group of about 6.
"Hmm. Let's put it this way if I beat one of you in a 1v1 I get the court if I lose you do." I say.
"Your on." The kid said.
"I'll give you a minute to choose the best player out of all of you." I say.
"Don't need a minute I am the best player." He says smugly. God I hate this kid. And his friends seem to hate him as well just to scared to speak up. All good, time to win this thing.
"I'll let you start." I say. He bounces the ball to me and I bounce it back. He starts bouncing the ball with one hand while gravitating towards me. As he gets closer to me he starts to speed up to try and get around me. I easily take the ball from him and shoot from where I am stood. It goes through the basket at the other end of the court and I can feel the kid getting angry.
"Bro what u cheating for?" He says as he gets in my face.
"Tell me how I'm cheating man. go on." I say to him. He doesn't say anything and he shoves me in the chest so I shove him back.

Thats what it looked like. Except they didn't get broken up... yet.

"Oi you wanna fight. Fight me bitch." I say to the kid. He then swings for me and a fight breaks out between the two of us. His friends eventually ends up separating us two. When I look at him I see his lip bleeding and when I look at myself I see nothing wrong with me.
"Now how about you get off the fucking court." I say as him and his friend leave. I hear him mutter something racist under his breath.
"Bro I thought we were  finished. If you have somet to say say it to my face." I say as I walk up to him and turn him around by his shoulder.
"You must be deaf." He says as he turns around.
"Racist bastard." I say as he walks away. I then grab my board and my ball and take off skating towards where sarina said the gym was. When I walk in I realise it's empty. Good. I go over to the punching bag and just hit it repeatedly while music blasts through my AirPods. I don't know how long I've been in here til I realise I'm not alone. I see women sneaking glances at me as I look around. Eventually a woman  walks up to me.
(In this the woman is helping coach now she's retired.)
"Hey sweetie, are you okay?" The women asks. She has blonde hair and blue eyes oh and she's Ellen white!
"Uhhh.." I say a bit nervous. Then I realise another woman come up to us.
"Hey kidda you alright?" Lucy asks me.
"Hi luc uhm do you know where my mum is?" I ask her.
"No but let's find her together." Lucy suggests and I nod. I grab my board and go. I left the basketball there since it isn't actually mine.
"Cool board." Lucy says.
"Thanks." I reply
"I saw u had a basketball back there? You play?" She asks.
"Only as a hobby." I reply.
"Cool. Well your mum isn't on the pitch or in the gym so I'm guessing she's in the physio room or the pool." Lucy says.
"Will there me many people in the physio room or pool?" I ask Lucy.
"There's normally around 3-5 girls in the physio room and around 10 girls in the pool room." Lucy says.
"Oh great." I say sarcastically.
"Take it your not a big fan of people." Lucy guesses.
"Not ones I don't know." I reply.
"Well you've already met a few." She says.
"Not properly. Some of them have started at me a couple times but I've not properly talked to any of them as Beth Meads daughter." I say.
"There all nice girls trust me." Lucy says.
"Can I ask you a question?" I ask Lucy.
"Sure go on." She replies.
"Why did you come up to me at the game last time." I say.
"The 'adults' were having a boring conversation and football is fun." She says as if it is obvious.
"Aren't you an adult. The oldest adult in fact." I ask as she gives me the look.
"What it's a fair statement. Your old!" I say.
"Am not."
"Are."
"Am not."
"Are."
That carries on for a good 10 minutes. I didn't realise we were at the physio room by now. I then see Lucy look in and seems like she's not in there.
"She must be in the pool room." Lucy concludes.
"Oh great." I say "You know what I will just go see her a different time." I start but Lucy shuts me down almost immediately.
"Didn't your mom say you have to find your mum as soon as she's out of training. Your mum knows your coming won't she be very worried if you don't turn up. Wont you get very done." Lucy says causing me to role my eyes.
"I won't get done if I come up with a good excuse." I say.
"Like what?" Lucy asks.
"Like I lost track of time." I say and Lucy rolls her eyes.
"But you didn't."
"But I could of."
"But I saw you."
"But your not a snitch."
"But I will not lie to your mother about that. I'd lie to her about not making you wear a helmet on your board but not about you not finding her." When Lucy says this I realise we're outside the pool room.
"I'm not going in. Everyone will stare at me." I argue.
"And so what if they do?" Lucy asks. As I go to say something else Lucy pushes me into the room. We see my mum sat on one of the pool chairs talking to Leah. Lucy puts a hand on my shoulder as everyone stares at me and she steers me towards mum.
"Delivery for Miss Meado." Lucy says.