Chapter 30

A/n: I know that USA and England aren't in the same group but they will be for this book.

Tianas POV
It's been 3 days since the incident with Alex. My mothers have told me off saying that I shouldn't have been so angry and that the past is in the past. But they have also said that was no excuse for Alex to slap me. Tonight England are playing America. I can't wait to see my mum play but I am also a bit scared I'll see Alex. I know it was basically my fault last time but what if she hits me again! Me and mom are going to watch and I get to go on the pitch at the end of the game. I got asked if I wanted to be a mascot but I decided no. I don't really want to be that close to Alex.
"You'll be fine. If she tries anything get me straight away and I'll deal with it. Okay?" Mom says. I nod. When I'm nervous I don't say much I will only say the odd word to my moms. We set off for the game early as I like to watch them train.

As always we're one of the first in the stadium. Mom gets me a hotdog and helps me put ketchup on it. I know I'm 14 but god I can never open those little ketchup packets. Mom let's me get one of those things that look like a fan and make your clapping extra loud. We look for our seats and find them almost immediately. We're sat just above the tunnel where all the players go out. Mom then gets a text. It's from mum. It reads.
'Hey can you or Tiana take me my shin pads. I left them in the pocket of one of my tracksuit bottoms. I think Tiana packed them for herself.'  When mom showed me the text I laughed. Those tracksuit bottoms were the ones I was wearing right now. I pulled out the shin pads. Yes my mum is weird. Why would you put shin pads of all things into tracksuit bottoms. Mom then asks if I wanted to take them and I nodded. In all honesty I just wanted to see the england dressing room. Mom took me down to the pitch and had a quiet word with a steward. At that point a lady wearing a high visibility jacket came up to us. She helped me over the banister then told me to follow her. She took me to the edge of the tunnel then pointed where to go. Eventually I ended up finding the dressing room but I was so nervous to go in everyone would look at me.
"You okay kid?" The Sarina Wiegman asked me.
"I uh need to give these to my mum" I say.
"Ahh. Tiana Mead nice to meet you. I'm sarina follow me I'll take you to your mum." Sarina says. She then leads the way into the changing room. I was right people did stare. Mostly the people who didn't go to the cafe. I then found my mum and gave her her shin pads.
"I knew you'd be wearing them." She laughed. She then said goodbye and I said good luck. She said I love you and thanks and I said I love you too. Then I left the dressing room. Fair to say I did get a bit lost. Eventually I came across some women and they just stared at me. Oh great. Tobin Heath, Megan Rapinoe, Ali Krieger, Ashlyn Harris and the one and only Alex Morgan. When I saw Alex fear was clear on my face and I think all the women could see how terrified I was. At that point I recognised someone come up to me and thank god it was not Alex.
"Hey.. Tiana is it?" Tobin asks and I nod.
"Are you okay? What are you looking for?" She asks politely.
"Tunnel." I manage to say. She nods and stands up so she isn't the same height as me anymore. She gives the others a look then places one hand on my shoulder. She guides me to the tunnel entrance and pointed to make sure I saw.
"Thank you." I said quietly. She replied with no problem and I went back to my mom.