Chapter 48

1 day to the final.

Tomorrow is the final of the World Cup. The first ever final of the World Cup my mum has played in. The first ever final of the World Cup I have been to. I am so excited. We got back quite late yesterday as mom wanted to have more of a catch up with her friends. Today mom is taking me into town. She needs to do some shopping and I mean I'm down cause she said we can get smoothies.
"Ready to go darling?" Mom asks me and I nod.
"Yep." Today I have an Arsenal miedema shirt on with black shorts. Yes match worn but it has been washed. Mom gets into the lift but I decide to race her down the stairs. On my journey though I decide to press every single button for every floor to slow the lift down. When I get to the bottom I wait for about 2 minutes.
"Little shh." Mom says to me and I just laugh. Mum pulls me into her and ruffles my hair. We walk into town and I see a little beachside surfer shop.
"Pleasee." I beg as I pull my mums arms towards the shop. She laughs.
"We can have a look." She says and that sold it for me and I walk in excited. Mom stayed outside as she just got an important phone call but did I mind. Nope. As I'm looking at all the skateboards surfboards accessories and clothes I bump into someone.
"Sorry." I say while turning round to look at who I bumped into.
"It's ok. Are you okay?" Oh my god. Tell me I'm dreaming. Mackenzie Arnold. My mouth obviously opens and she laughs. Then she sees my shirt and smiles.
"Arsenal fan?" She asks.
"Could say that." I smirk. That's when I see macca texting someone next minute Alanna Kennedy appears along with Caitlin Foord.
"What's wrong lanna? Tiana what are you doing here?" She asks as she sees me.
"Moms doing some last minute shopping before the final." I say and cait nods. Then I try and signal Caitlin to which she doesn't understand. So I whisper to her. "You do realise Alanna Kennedy and Mackenzie Arnold are right behind you!" I whisper shout and Caitlin laughs.
"How do you know her?" Mackenzie asks Caitlin. "I called you here cause she was an Arsenal fan." She says.
"I know her parents." Caitlin says that's when mom enters.
"Aw hey cait." Mom says as she sees her teammate. Then she says hi to the other 2 women.
"You see anything you like?" She asks and I nod.
"2 shirts and a skateboard." Mom laughs to herself.
"I'm dead confused right now." Alanna says.
"My mom plays for Arsenal and is the goat." I say. I see my mom role her eyes.
"She's my daughter." Mom says and the two women seem to finally understand.
I then whisper to mom.
"Can you ask them if I can have a picture." I say it very shyly. Mom laughs.
"Can she have a picture?" Mom asks and they smile.
"Of course." Alanna says and I take a picture with Mackenzie and Alanna.
"Thank you." I say. They nod. Then we say goodbye to them and mum buys me the shirts and the board. Well no I buy the board and one shirt. Mom gets me the other shirt. And that was the only interesting event of today. Tomorrows gonna be a lot more interesting though. I just hope it's a good interesting.