Chapter 45

A/n: COME ON IM SO CLOSE TO FINISHING THIS BOOK! Sorry I've not been updating much I needed a few days after that final. I think i am ready to come back now. And for anyone interested I have finally started by rehab at villa again and they say I might be back onto the pitch in a little less then three months!

2 days to the final.

Today has been a bit of a chill day. Mom is stressing over me like mad. Mum got one day off but because the World Cup final is so close to the day she didn't get anymore. My mates have been in contact with me. I have spoken to them. I have all my memory back. Not that it's worth much cause I don't remember shite anyway. I've been banned from surfing. My mothers have been in contact with Tobin Heath saying thank you. And we'll yeah that's about it. I think I'm having a chill day today though so that's gonna be boring. I lay in bed. I still look rough. Like very rough. Like I just got into a fight with 4 big guys. But i don't care. I just scroll through Instagram.

VIVIANNE MIEDEMA AND BETH MEADS DAUGHTER SUFFERED HEAD INJURY JUST BEFORE FINAL OF THE WORLD CUP

God people like to be dramatic. Oh look here's another one.

WILL BETH MEAD MISS FINAL BECAUSE HER DAUGHTER IS IN HOSPITAL UNDERGOING BIG SURGERY FOR HEAD INJURY

God. I didn't even have surgery. What a load of baloney. I laugh to myself as mom enters the hotel room.
"Hey you how's the head?" She asks me.
"Hurts like a bitch." I reply and mom just shakes her head.
"What did we say to you about using appropriate language?" Mom says and I smirk causing her to aswell. "What's so funny anyway?" Mom asks me.
"Stupid Instagram posts about me. One said that mum might miss the final because I'm in hospital having some big surgery." Mom just shakes her head laughing as she sits on the side of my bed.
"Your mums busy in preparation today. I have to go give the Dutch team a speech as they lost and are going home and you have to come with me." Mom says. I've not really spoken to any of the Dutch team members aside from Vic. I also know that one of the players used to date my mum. She used to play for arsenal apparently so that's great isn't it. I then get dressed. I put on an oversized light blue  vantastic hoodie. (From Cornwall if you have never heard of vantastic then your missing out)
I also put on some black shorts but you can barely see them as my hoodie covers them. I have my white and grey Nike gammas on and some white socks.  My black eye like I said earlier is very visible and I still have a massive scar on my forehead. I keep my hair down but place my hood on. Mom puts an arm around me as we walk down and get in a taxi.

I look out of the window and see some sort of building. It's quite big to be fair. Mom gets out and I do the same. She places a hand on my shoulder as we walk in. While most of my hair is tucked into my hood I have two curly strands that peak out and lay by my face. Mom walks me in and takes us to the reception of what I assume to be the Dutch training facility. Mom talks to them but I'm not really listening to what they're saying. Then mom leads me away and takes me into a random corridor. That's where mom sees someone she obviously knows and someone I've only seen on tv.
"Hoi!" Jill Roord says to my mom excited. "Is this the little one?" She asks. She keeps skipping from English to Dutch Dutch to English. It's fine though cause moms taught me some Dutch and I'd say I'm nearly fluent in it even though I've only been learning it around a year.
"Yes here she is mijn kleine meid." Mom says. I just look at her and role my eyes.
"Teenager mom. Tiener." I say also swapping from Dutch to English.
"She knows Dutch!" Jill says excitedly.
"Nee echt?" Mom says sarcastically and I laugh. Jill just smirks. That's when I think she realised my face.
"So the rumours aren't false. You actually did get into a little accident?" Jill says. This causes me to internally moan.
"Little accident no. Big accident yes. She was classified dead for 9 seconds." Mom says.
"Felt like 9 hours." I mutter. Jill just shakes her head.
"You feeling better now though mini goat?" Oh god not another mini nickname.
"Nope but gotta push through it." I say.
Jill and my mom just smile at eachover.
"Where can I play football?" I ask my mom.
"Nope remember what the doctor said no getting sweat into the scar yet." I just role my eyes.
"I won't sweat I'll just freestyle." I ask. Mom seems to sigh.
"Just don't tell your mother." I nod when she tells me this.
"Jill do you know where she can do a few kick ups and entertain herself?" Mom asks her friend.
"I can take you to a concrete bit. It's outside where the team eats and viv that's where you'll be doing your speech." Jill says.
"Perfect." Mom says.