Lonely souls (WM) 🧸

Y/N: 12 years old
Story: After a failed attempt of getting her family back, Wanda meets a young girl that needs help ...
——————————————————

Y/N'S POV
I've been walking around for the past few hours. I have no idea where I am. Actually... I've never been outside of the base I've spent my entire life in. I have no idea what happened, but I managed to sneak out when the hydra agents were busy fighting a bunch of guys named the Avengers.

Suddenly I see a young woman cutting branches of the trees that are surrounding this place. I take a deep breath and walk towards her. Maybe she could help me, right?

"I. Hm. Excuse me? Could I ask if there's some village, city or just something near this place?" I ask the woman nervously, playing with my fingers. I've never actually talked to normal people.

"How did you get here?" She asks, looking at me confused.

"I. Hm. I-I got lost" I lie. I can't tell her about the base...

"Well, there's nothing around in here" She says. "Only my house. Come on, I'll make you some tea" She gives me a smile.

"Thank you" I smile back, a sigh of relief leaving my lips.

"What's your name?" She asks as we step into her house. She leads me into the kitchen and gets into making the tea. The house looks nice, she must be kinda lonely here though if she lives here alone. I don't even see any pictures here.

"Y/N" I simply answer.

"That's a pretty name" She smiles. "I'm Wanda... How old are you?"

"Twelve" I respond. "... You live here all alone?" I ask which was probably a mistake, cause she only sadly nods. She places the tea on the table, telling me to sit down, so I do as said.

"Your parents must be looking for you. Where do you live?" She asks with a soft smile. I just blankly stare at her, not knowing what to say. She keeps looking at me, waiting for an answer, but suddenly I hear her voice in my head while her eyes are glowing red. "You were at hydra?" She asks, her eyes turning back to normal.

"How... how do you know?" I ask, standing up and backing off, slowly walking backwards to the front door. My heart racing as I'm praying she's not one of them.

"No, no. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you" She stands up, slowly walking towards me, hurt visible in her eyes. "I have powers, I'm an Avenger... or was. I don't want to hurt you... Let me help you... please" She says, her gaze softening which makes me relax a little bit.

"Mhm" I slowly nod. I have no place to go anyway, so hopefully she's really one of the good guys.

"Good. You must be hungry. Let's sit back down and I'll give you something to eat, okay?" She smiles softly.

"Okay" I just simply nod. I'm really hungry and don't want to get killed by her.

She gives me some food that I've never heard of before. It smells nice though, I hope she won't poison me or anything. I get into eating and let me tell you... I've never eaten anything better before.

"Do you like it?" She asks with a warm smile.

"It's really good, thank you" I say politely with a smile.

"I'm sorry again... about scarying you. I really don't want to hurt you. You can stay the night and we'll think of something tomorrow. Would that be okay?" She asks, waiting for me to say something while she's playing with the rings on her fingers.

"I.. Yeah. Thank you" I smile.

When I'm done eating, Wanda shows me her bedroom, telling me I can sleep there and insisting she's gonna take the couch. She borrows me some clothes to sleep in and I take a hot shower before bed.

Once I'm all finally ready to actually go to sleep. I lay down on the bed, feeling better than ever. A knock interrupts my thinking. Wanda walks in with a smile on her face, sitting down on the edge of the bed.

"I just came to say goodnight. You can come to me if anything" She smiles, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. She presses a kiss to my forehead, stroking my cheek with her thumb, making me feel something I've never felt before. It's a nice feeling though. "Sweet dreams" She smiles at me again before standing up and walking towards the door.

"Goodnight" I smile at her before she closes the door, closing my eyes right after that.

———————————

Tears are streaming down my face as I'm sitting in the middle of the bed, hugging my knees tightly. I've just had the worst nightmare. My hands are shaking like crazy and I just can't stop the tears.

I manage to crawl out of the bed and walk downstairs with hope to find Wanda. She said I could come to her, so hopefully she won't be mad.

I walk to the living room, finding Wanda sitting on the couch and watching TV. I let out a shaky breath before calling her name.

"Wanda?" I quietly call, not wanting to scare her. She turns around to look at me, her smile fading when she sees the state I'm in.

"Sweetheart, what happened?" She asks, already walking to me. She cups my cheeks with her hands, wiping my tears away with her thumbs.

"Nightmare" I manage to say, trying not to cry again which is not really successful.

"Oh honey. It's okay. I'm here" She smiles, pulling me into a hug. "Do you want to talk about it?" She asks, rubbing my back as she's still hugging me. I nod in response, hoping she'll somehow help me to get it out of my head.

She leads me to the couch and we both sit down. She wraps an arm around me which makes me to lean into her and wrap my arms around her.

"What was your nightmare about?" She asks, playing with my hair.

"... That I was back at hydra" I manage to get out after taking a deep shaky breath.

"I'm so sorry, honey" Wanda says, pressing a kiss to the top of my head. "I promise you'll never go back to that place. I'll make sure of that"

"How can you be sure of that? What if they'll find me?" I ask, looking up at her.

"... They won't... You have me now and I'll always protect you.. no matter what... I know I said we'd talk about it tomorrow, but... Y/N, I think we both need a new beginning" Wanda starts, still playing with my hair. "We can stay here or go anywhere we'd want. I promise I'll take a good care of you and always protect you" Wanda says, tears in her eyes by now.

"You want me to stay with you?" I ask, tears also filling my eyes. She's been really nice to me and I really don't want to stay alone.

"Yeah... If you want to stay with me" She says, wiping away the tears that escaped my eyes.

"Mhm" I nod, practically jumping into her arms, holding her tightly and receiving a kiss to my forehead. I really need a new beginning...

~~~

I kind of rushed this...