The Scarlet Witch (WM) 🧸

Y/N: 12 years old
Story: After finally escaping hydra, Y/N discovers her mother is the Scarlet Witch...
——————————————————

Y/N'S POV
I'm sitting in Central Park in New York after so many failed attempts to get someone to tell me where my mom could be. My mom is an Avenger and apperantly the Avengers are pretty famous, so why nobody knows where's Wanda Maximoff?

It's been 4 years since the last time I saw her... or I think. I was taken by hydra when the agents attacked the Avengers compound. They kept me in a cell, but then something happened and in 5 seconds the place was all clear. No one was around. So I ran...

I wish I could see her again, but anyone I ask doesn't know anything about her. I just need to find out what happened to her.

It's been 3 days since I got out of that terrible place. I always like to walk around this weird house with something on the roof that looks like a big eye. I don't know why, but I can feel some sort of power from this house.

I managed to find out that a man called 'Doctor Strange' lives there. According to one older lady, he has some sort of powers too. I want to ask him if he by any chance knows anything about my mom, but everytime I knock at the door, no one opens. But I can't give up, I have to try again.

I knock at the door, praying someone will finally open. I let out a sigh after a few minutes of standing there. I sit on the stairs in front of the house, resting my head on my knees.

My eyes widen when I hear the door creak. I immediately stand up, turning around and looking at a tall man with a cup in his hand and a clock who stands there, looking back at me.

"H-hello, don't you know by any chance where-" I start, but he cuts me off.

"Listen, kid, this is not a place to play. Go home" He says coldly, already closing the door.

"Wait! Do you know Wanda Maximoff?" I blurt out, the door opening again.

"Wanda Maximoff? Why would you look for her?" He raises an eyebrows.

"I-I need to talk to her. She. Hm. She's my mom" I explain, but only earn a look that tells me he doesn't believe me at all.

"Okay. I understand you're probably a fan, but go home, kid. It's getting late" He says, rolling his eyes and closing the door again.

I've never wanted to do this, to use my powers on other people, but he gives me no other choice. He clearly knows something about my mom and I just need to know.

I close my eyes, concentrating only on the power I feel from this house. I take a deep breath, trying to get into the guy's mind. It takes a while, but once I'm in, I carefully search for any information about my mom.

Finally, I find out that the man is heading to some place called Kamar-Taj where my mom is supposed to be too. This will be hard to get there, but I'm a witch after all.

———————————

Took me more than a whole night to actually find my way to Kamar-Taj, but I did it. Now I'm hidden behind one of many statues that are around this place. There's a huge castle and people in pajamas looking outfits. I mean... it's literally almost 1pm, why would they wear pajamas? Whatever, now I just need to wait until my mom shows up.

Suddenly the sky darkens, all the people watch the sky, waiting for what happens next. My mom appears, the guy from yesterday flies up to her and they start talking. I'm just watching it, wondering what they could possibly talk about, but then Doctor Strange flies back and the pajamas people make a shield. I don't get it, is my mom the bad one now? She's always been very caring, she wouldn't be evil, right?

I watch in confusion as my mom tries to break the shield, throwing her magic at it until it breaks. She flies down on the ground, knocking everyone down. Tears form in my eyes, this can't be true, my mom can't be evil.

She starts walking towards the castle and since no one is outside except for the dead bodies, her and me, I get out of my hiding spot.

"Mama?" I say shyly, tears quietly running down my cheeks. Mom turns around, her face impression turning into a shocked one when she sees me.

"... Y/N/N?" She whispers, walking towards me, tears building up in her eyes.

"No" I take a step back, unsure of her next actions. She stops, tears running down her cheeks too by now as she's looking at me, hurt visible in her eyes. "Mama, why would you do that? You're not evil, you can't be" I tell her, my voice breaking at the sight of all the dead bodies surrounding us.

"Y/N/N, I... I just wanted you back" She says, her voice also breaking. "Please, sweetheart. I-I'm sorry, I missed you so much" She takes another step towards me on which I shake my head, tears still running down my face.

"No, please don't hurt me" I step back, shaking my head. "I want my mama" I cry out, my breathing not really working right now.

With a swift move of her hand, her clothes change into jeans and green jacket, her hair is put into one french braid and her fingers don't have the black color on them.

"I'm here, Y/N/N. You need to breathe, sweetheart. Breathe with me, honey" She holds my shoulders, looking me in the eyes and trying to help me to breathe.

"Mama" I wrap my arms around her, burying my head into her chest.

"Mama's here, my little monkey. You're safe. You're okay" She says, rubbing my back and kissing the top of my head. "You're okay" She repeats. "Where have you been, baby?" She asks when I finally manage to take a deep breath, wiping away my tears with her thumbs.

"Hydra" I manage to say, wrapping my arms around her tightly once again. "Please don't ever leave me, mommy"

"I will never ever leave you, my little monkey. I promise I'll always protect you, no matter what" She smiles and kisses my forehead. "I will never let anyone take you from me again"

"Mama, I don't like it here. Can we go away?" I ask, not feeling comfortable at all here. I just want to cuddle with my mom on the couch and watch a cartoon.

"Let's go home" She smiles and presses a kiss to my forehead before taking my hand in hers and leading me away from this place.

~~~

Wanda deserves a happy ending🫶🏻