I miss you (NR) 🧸

Y/N: 4 years old
Story: Y/N calls Natasha from Wanda's phone while she's on a mission...
——————————————————

NO ONE'S POV
It's been only 3 days since Natasha left for a mission, but those 3 days feel more like 3 years to Natasha's little daughter Y/N. The todler misses Natasha so much, cries for her every day, especially when Wanda puts her to sleep. The feeling is mutual, Natasha misses her little one as well, but she needs to finish her mission.

Wanda's busy with cooking right now and Y/N's with her in the kitchen, busy with her coloring book. That's until the little monkey spots Wanda's phone on the table. She glances at Wanda, seeing her aunt's attention is fully on the food she's cooking, so she reaches for the phone before quietly running upstairs to her mother's bedroom.

Y/N climbs the bed, making herself comfortable before opening Wanda's phone. It's not really a problem for her as she knows Wanda's password. She's watched Wanda opening her phone multiple times.

Y/N taps on the icon with a phone on it, trying to find a contact with her mom's picture. Once she finds it, she clicks on it and the phone starts ringing. The little girl brings the phone up to her ear, patiently waiting for her mama to pick up.

"Wanda, I'm pretty busy right now. What is it? Is Y/N okay?" Natasha asks, her voice full of worry. Wanda never calls her on missions unless something happened to her daughter.

"Hi, mama" Y/N greets her mom, happy that she hears her voice again.

"Y/N/N, sweetheart, what are you doing with auntie Wanda's phone?" Natasha asks softly while shooting the hydra agents that are coming at her.

"I miss you, mommy" Y/N says sadly, her little eyes filling with tears.

"Детка, I miss you too, but mommy needs to finish her work, so she could come back home to you" Natasha explains to her daughter who's just sitting on the bed with her head down. "I'm sure you're having fun with auntie Wanda, aren't you?" (baby)

"Mhm" Y/N sadly nods, looking down at her knees.

"I'll be back soon, baby. I promise" Natasha says, a small smile forming on her face on the thought of her cuddled up on the couch with her little daughter, watching Y/N's favorite cartoon.

"You cheeky little monkey, where did you go?" Wanda asks, walking into the room. She knew Y/N'd be here as the todler spends here most of the time when Natasha's away. "Is that my phone, missy?" She raises an eyebrow, Y/N's cheeks turning red as she's shaking her head no and hoping her aunt will believe it while hiding the phone behind her back. "You little liar. What are you doing here?" Wanda chuckles, sitting down next to Y/N and taking the phone. Her eyes widen when she sees Y/N's been calling with Natasha. "Nat, are you there? I'm so sorry. I was cooking and Y/N/N-"

"Hey, hey. It's okay. I'm almost finished here anyway" Natasha says, cutting Wanda's sentence off. "I should be back tomorrow. Is everything okay there?"

"Yeah. All good. Y/N misses you a lot, but I think we're managing here pretty well" Wanda smiles, running her fingers through Y/N's hair who's avoiding eye-contact with her aunt now.

"Okay. Good. I gotta go. But see you tomorrow" Natasha says before hanging up.

Wanda sighs before looking down at her niece who's looking at her knees, feeling guilty about taking Wanda's phone without a permission.

"Honey, I know you miss your mommy, but you can't call her when she's working, baby" Wanda says softly, hooking her hands under Y/N's armpits and pulling Y/N onto her lap.

"But I miss mama so much" Y/N mumbles, tears forming in her little eyes. She looks up at Wanda who presses a kiss to her forehead and rubs her back.

"I know, Y/N/N. Your mommy will be home very soon, don't worry" Wanda smiles, pressing another kiss to her niece's forehead.

Y/N wraps her arms around Wanda's neck, hiding her face in the crock of Wanda's neck before letting out the tears she's been holding.

"It's okay, honey. I'm here" Wanda says, lifting Y/N up and rocking her back and forth, rubbing her back and pressing kisses to her head as an attempt to comfort her little niece.

——————————

Natasha lets out a sigh when she finally steps into the compound. She walks around the compound to find her daughter, desperately needing a hug from her little one.

Natasha smiles when she sees Y/N playing with her toys in a fort. She walks closer and sits on the ground in front of the entrance to the fort.

"What are you doing, детка?" Natasha asks softly with a huge smile on her face. (baby)

"Mommy!" Y/N shouts as soon as she turns around and sees her mother. She immediately wraps her little arms around Natasha, hugging her mama tightly on which Natasha smiles and presses a few kisses to Y/N's head. "I missed you, mama" Y/N mumbles, looking up at Natasha.

"I missed you too, sweetheart. So much" Natasha smiles, holding her daughter tightly and pressing another kiss to Y/N's forehead.

"Mommy no go away again" Y/N pouts, looking at Natasha seriously. The redhead smiles at her daughter, booping her nose which makes the little girl smile.

"Mommy's not going anywhere for some time, sweetheart" Natasha assures her little one, standing up with Y/N in her arms. "But I believe it's almost dinner time, детка. We should go and check up what we're having for dinner" She says, already walking towards the kitchen with Y/N sitting on her hip while the little one is kicking her legs happily. Y/N knows she's not letting her mommy go away for that long ever again. (baby)

~~~

I'll miss you forever, Nat...