Just get over it (EO) 🧸

Y/N: 13 years old——————————————————

Y/N: 13 years old
——————————————————

NO ONE'S POV
It's been over a week Lizzie's been on promo tour with Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. She's done some interviews, photoshoots and now has another interview ahead of her.

It's all very exhausting, especially for Lizzie's daughter Y/N who's been following her mother around. The girl just can't sleep while travelling and that makes it even harder. It got to the point she's just walking wherever Lizzie goes, following her like a lost puppy without talking or acknowledging anything around her.

"Is everything okay, honey?" Lizzie stops walking, squeezing her daughter's hand once she noticed Y/N's not really paying attention to anything.

"Mhm. Just a little tired" Y/N admits.

"It's long, isn't it? We'll go back to the hotel right when I'm done here. You can take a nap, as long one as you need" Lizzie smiles, tucking a strand of hair behind her daughter's ear and pressing a kiss to her forehead.

"Can we cuddle?" Y/N mumbles out.

"Of course, sweetheart" One more kiss gets placed to Y/N's forehead before Lizzie leads her to the seat Y/N'll sit on while she will be having the interview.

Y/N sits down, saying bye to her mom who needs to go back as the audience will soon walk in and the show will start.

The young Olsen decides to entertain herself with some game on her phone and soon all of the seats are taken and the show starts.

Watching her mother talking about the movie makes her eyes get heavy. It's no surprise, she's absolutely exhaused.

Ever since Y/N was a little girl she's had one habit... sucking her thumb when she's super exhausted.

It's not even intentional, but Y/N just brings her thumb up to her mouth, dozing off and ignoring all the noise around her.

Of course some people in the crowd can't help themselves and take pictures of the sleeping Olsen...

———

"Y/N/N, honey, wake up for me" Lizzie smiles, running her fingers through her daughter's hair and attempting to wake her up.

"Hmm?"

"Baby, I'm done here. We can go back to the hotel now" Lizzie says on which Y/N finally opens her eyes, rubbing the tiredness out of them with her fists.

"Can we watch a movie and cuddle?" Y/N asks, her voice cracking a little as she only just woke up.

"Sure thing, honey"

As soon as the pair arrives back to their hotel room, Y/N changes into her comfy pajamas, stealing one of her mother's big hoodies and laying down on bed while Lizzie's still taking off her make-up.

While waiting Y/N entertains herself with her phone, trying to find a movie she could watch with Lizzie.

Her eyes land on one article though... what catches her attention is the picture of her earlier today, a thumb in her mouth while she's sleeping on the seat in that show studio.

"Mama!" Y/N calls, her bottom lip trembling after reading just the first two sentences.

"What's wrong?" Lizzie rushes to the bedroom with worry something bad happened, finding her daughter curled up on the bed with tears streaming down her cheeks. "What happened, sweetheart?"

"I-I'm sorry" Y/N chokes out, handing her phone to her mother.

Lizzie sighs, the title and the picture telling her enough. She wraps her arms around her daughter, pressing a kiss to the top of her head.

"That's okay, sweetheart" Lizzie says softly, wiping Y/N's tears away and placing another kiss to her forehead.

"Hm-hm. Now everyone thinks you're a bad mom and I'm weird" Y/N sobs out.

"Honey, you were just really tired. It's just one stupid article" Lizzie pulls her daughter closer, pressing a kiss to her head every now and then while rubbing her back. "Let's close your eyes for a bit, yeah? You need to get some sleep and take your mind off of it"

It's not just one article though. Within hours the internet and social media are full of pictures and articles about Lizzie's parenting abilities.

Some of them even telling that it's caused by the fact Lizzie was only 19 years old when Y/N was born which is absolutely not true.

———

A few days have passed since then and the pair is finally back home. It's been worse and worse every day and Y/N's absolutely terrified every time she needs to go out of the safety of their house.

Just all the paparazzi and questions make her super anxious. Lizzie has one last interview today, it's over a zoom, so at least she doesn't have to travel anywhere. She's determined to tell everyone what she thinks about the whole situation.

As soon as they start and greet each other, the interviewer is about to ask the first question, but Lizzie jumps in immediately.

"Before we start can I just say something?" Lizzie asks the person on the other side. She's about to say it anyway, but she doesn't want to be rude even though she's really angry.

She gets a nod, so she takes a deep breath. She is absolutely furious, but she needs to control her emotions.

"I just want to say something to everything that's been going on around my daughter lately" Lizzie starts. "I'm sure this is not only my daughter's case, but ever since Y/N was a little girl, she's always sucked her thumb when she's really tired, it's not intentional or a regular thing, not at all. She just had a really bad sleep the night before my interview and was exhausted. Everyone has some kind of habits and my daughter has this one, so please just get over it and leave my daughter alone"

~~~

I didn't know how to end it😭

I don't really know how this promo tour thing goes, so hopefully I was at least close😅