Lost memory pt.2 (NR) 🧸

Y/N: 4 years old
Story: Y/N gets sick and Natasha needs to take care of her...
———

NO ONE'S POV
It's been over two months since Natasha found out she has a daughter. Two months since she's been learning how to take a proper care of her with the help of Wanda.

Natasha has to admit it's nice to have a little child running around. She likes to play with the little girl, she likes Y/N's blabbering about everything that has happened through the day. But her absolute favorite thing is cuddling with her little girl.

Wanda has been super supportive, helping Natasha out with everything which helped the redhead the most. But the day had to come, and Wanda left for a mission yesterday, leaving Natasha with Y/N alone for the entire week.

Of course there are other Avengers on the compound who are willing to help with everything, yet Natasha knows how much her daughter loves her auntie Wanda and not having her around will surely upset the little troublemaker.

"What got you so upset, honey?" Natasha asks softly, watching as her little daughter walks over to her with a pout on her face.

Y/N doesn't say a single word though, only lifting her arms up for Natasha, so the redhead sits the little girl on her lap.

"What's wrong, sweetheart?" Natasha questions, not getting any response once again.

Y/N simply turns around, pushing her face into her mother's chest which only confuses Natasha even more.

"Can you tell mommy what's wrong?" Natasha asks once again, rubbing Y/N's back and pressing kisses to the top of her head.

Y/N only places her hand on her neck as an attempt to show her mother her throat is sore before bursting into a fits of coughs, her little eyes glossy.

Natasha immediately touches the little girl's forehead, finding it warmer than usual, so she immediately carries her daughter to the lab with hope to find Bruce there.

And her worst nightmare comes to live when Bruce confirms her biggest fear... Y/N's sick.

Taking care of her energetic daughter is one thing, but taking care of a sick child? Natasha wasn't expecting this, not at all, but it's here and she needs to deal with it.

Luckily Bruce shows her where all the medicine is and tells her which exactly she should give to Y/N which is a big help.

"Alright, bubs. Let's make you some tea" Natasha sighs, carrying the tiny girl in her arms to the kitchen.

She makes some fruit tea, knowing Y/N won't drink any other and prepares the medicine.

But then comes the problem... when it comes to medicine, Y/N just won't take it. She just won't swallow it and Natasha doesn't know it.

"There we go" Natasha smiles softly, holding a spoon in front of the little girl's lips, but the only response she gets is Y/N burying her face into her mother's neck.

"Honey, please. It will make you feel better. Come on" Natasha sighs, but Y/N doesn't move.

"Yucky" Y/N mumbles, her voice muffled as her face is still in Natasha's neck.

"It's not that yucky. It says it's strawberry flavored. You like strawberries, don't you?" Natasha tries again, but Y/N knows her too well. Natasha tries this every single time, but Y/N won't buy it this time.

"Y/N, please" Natasha sighs, absolutely clueless about what to do.

"Hm-hm"

"... fine" Natasha sighs, nearly giving up when she spots Y/N's strawberry syrup on the counter.

The redhead smirks to herself, an idea immediately popping into her mind. She pours the medicine from the spoon to a cup, adding a bit of the syrup and a little bit of water.

"Let's at least drink a little bit, yeah? Uncle Bruce said you need to drink a lot" Natasha tells her daughter, handing her the cup and hoping Y/N won't taste the medicine and spit it out.

Y/N drinks it completely, her stuffy nose not even allowing her to feel the flavor, but she's happy she doesn't have to take the medicine.

"Alright, little trouble. Let's get you to bed" Natasha smiles to herself, proud that she came up with such an idea, and carries Y/N into her bedroom, along with the tea she made earlier.

She puts the cup of tea on the nightstand and places her little girl on bed, automatically laying down beside her. Y/N doesn't waste a single second and curles up into Natasha's side, wrapping her tiny arms around her mommy.

And just when Y/N falls asleep, Natasha carefully sneaks out of the room and goes back to the kitchen to prepare some fruits for her daughter.

It's like Natasha automatically knew what to do. Y/N hasn't eaten anything since morning, so she surely must be hungry and has to eat something.

Natasha doesn't even realize it, but she takes Y/N's favorite princess bowl for the fruit, her favorite princess cup. And just when she sees Y/N's absolutely favorite teddy bear under the couch and picks it up, everything starts becoming clear.

It was about 5 months ago when Y/N lost her favorite teddy. Natasha could swear they looked everywhere but the stuffed animal was never found.

She can't help but chuckle at it, but suddenly her laugh fades a few seconds later, her face impression changes into a shocked one when she realizes she remembers something that happened 5 months ago and even way ago than that.

The day she first saw the tiny girl, the day she decided to keep her, all of Y/N's good and bad days, just everything. It's like all of the sudden she remembered everything, all the past years.

"Y/N" Natasha whispers to herself, tears filling her eyes. She immediately rushes back to her daughter, sighing in relief when she finds the little trouble still asleep. "I'm so sorry" She whispers, pressing a kiss to Y/N's forehead and tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

She stays there, just staring at her baby girl, gently stroking her daughter's hair, making sure she's okay and knowing for sure she doesn't want to leave her baby's side ever again.

~~~

I got some requests for part two so here it is <33