It's okay (W&N) 🧸

TroubleInSayno

Y/N: 5 years old——————————————————

Y/N: 5 years old
——————————————————

NO ONE'S POV
A sigh of relief leaves Wanda's lips as she steps into the living room, freshly out of shower after a mission. A smile playing on her lips at the sight of her wife and her daughter building a house of lego together.

It's been a little bit over 4 months since Wanda and Natasha adopted a little 5-year-old girl. When they saw the little one sitting on a bench in the park completely alone with tears streaming down her face, they just couldn't leave her there. And especially not after they found out about all the horrible things she's been through.

"Look who's home" Natasha smiles, pointing at Wanda with her finger which makes Y/N turn around, a huge smile forming on her face when she sees who's standing behind her.

"Hi, how have you two been?" Wanda asks with a warm smile, kneeling to Y/N and opening her arms for a hug which Y/N accepts and wraps her arms around her mommy. "Good?" Y/N only nods her head, her smile never leaving her face.

Somehow Wanda and Natasha haven't got Y/N to talk. They've heard a few words from her, but Y/N still hasn't gotten used to her new life just yet.

Unfortunately, the tiny one used to be punished for everything her biological parents didn't like, even talking as she had it forbidden.

Wanda and Natasha are slowly trying to make some progress and show the little one it's completely okay to talk and do everything children do.

"Yeah? Did you have fun with Natty?" Wanda asks, receiving another smile and a nod of a head from Y/N. "Can I join you two?"

"Mhm" Y/N nods, making Wanda smile and kiss the little one's cheek which makes Y/N giggle a little bit.

Natasha smiles at the sight, moving closer to the pair and greeting Wanda with a kiss before they all get into playing.

After a while of playing the three get hungry as it's getting closer to dinner time. While Wanda goes to prepare something for dinner, Natasha keeps Y/N occupied in case some of the Avengers would also come to have dinner. The tiny one still isn't really comfortable around anyone else beside Wanda or Natasha.

"What would you say on a movie night, детка? Just you, me and Wanda?" Natasha smiles, booping Y/N's nose on which Y/N giggles, nodding her head eagerly. (baby)

Once the three girls eat their dinner, Y/N takes her plate, carrying it to the sink like she was taught by her biological parents. Although she stumbles over, accidentally dropping the plate on which it shatters into a million pieces.

Y/N looks at Wanda with horror in her eyes, scared she'll get punished again. Deep down she knows Wanda and Natasha would never hurt her, though she can't help it and just thinks what if they'll do...

Tears fill Y/N's eyes at the thought of being punished again. She sits down, pushing her head into her knees and covering her head with her arms, her little body shaking, the sight breaking both women's hearts.

Wanda doesn't waste a moment, immediately kneeling down to her little girl, feeling her fear due to her powers.

"Y/N/N, sweetheart, it's okay. No one's mad at you" Wanda says softly, not wanting to scare the tiny one even more while Natasha slowly kneels next to Wanda, wanting to help somehow. "Y/N/N, can you look at me please?" She asks carefully.

Y/N slowly lifts her head a little bit, looking at Wanda with her red puffy eyes, getting met with a soft smile. Natasha watches the interaction, deciding to let Wanda comfort their daughter as she's already working on it.

"Yeah, there are those pretty eyes. We aren't mad, bubs. It was an accident and accidents happen. We would never get mad at you for it. Yeah?... Can I give you a hug?" Wanda asks carefully, opening her arms for the tiny one who hesitates for a few seconds, but then slowly moves closer to Wanda, wrapping her little arms around her and burying her face into Wanda's neck, still crying.

"Y/N's a bad girl" Y/N hiccups, remembering what her father always used to say when something like this happened.

"Y/N's not a bad girl, honey. You're the nicest little girl Natty and I have ever met" Wanda tells the tiny girl, rubbing her back and pressing kisses to the side of her head as an attempt to calm her down.

"Wanda's right, детка. It just happens that something breaks. We would never get mad at you for it and we would never ever hurt you" Natasha adds, gently placing her hand on her daughter's back and giving it a rub. (baby)

The three stay like this for a while, just hugging the little girl and pressing kisses to her head until she finally calms down.

"How about you two go get ready for the movie night and I'll grab some snacks and join you. Yeah?" Wanda smiles, wiping Y/N's tears away with her thumb.

"But I have to clean that up, mommy" Y/N mumbles out, pointing at the broken plate, Wanda and Natasha's hearts melting on the new name and smiles forming on their faces.

They don't mind when Y/N calls them by names. Of course they've wished Y/N would see them as parents and call them that. Though they assured her she can call them whatever she's comfortable with when Y/N's asked once. So Y/N calling Wanda 'mommy' is a huge step for all three.

"There's no need to, baby. You don't have to clean up anything" Wanda assures, tucking a strand of hair behind Y/N's ear before handing her to Natasha.

"We're gonna choose a movie together. Does that sound good?" Natasha smiles when Y/N rests her head on her shoulder and nods in response.

Natasha carries her daughter to her and Wanda's shared bedroom, sitting Y/N on the bed and walking over to the closet to pick out a pair of clean pajamas for the little monkey.

"Which one?" Natasha asks with a soft smile, giving her daughter a choice.

Y/N points with her finger at the one she likes more, so Natasha nods, putting the other one back into the closet before walking back to Y/N.

Natasha helps her little girl change before quickly changing herself and getting into bed next to Y/N.

"What movie would you like to watch, sweetheart?" The redhead asks, running her fingers through Y/N's hair and hoping to get an answer.

Y/N opens her mouth to tell her mama her movie choice, but then suddenly closes her mouth again and stays quiet.

"You can tell me, bubs. You can tell us anything at any time. We love you so much and we would never be angry at you for talking, sweetheart" Natasha assures her tiny one, adding a warm smile.

"... Promise, mama?" Y/N asks quietly, looking down at her knees and playing with the fabric of her pajamas.

"I promise, Y/N/N" Natasha presses a kiss to the little girl's forehead, booping her nose after doing so, making Y/N smile as she giggles cutely.

"What's going on here?" Wanda asks with a smile after hearing Y/N's giggles, stepping into the bedroom and bringing a smile to both of her loved ones faces. "Have you two chosen the movie?" She questions, joining the two in bed and cuddling to both.

"Not yet. We were just about to choose one, right детка?" Natasha smiles, playfully poking Y/N's tummy and earning a squeal from her daughter. (baby)

"Can we watch Frozen please? I really like that one" Y/N mumbles out shyly, receiving soft smiles from her mothers who are more than happy that their daughter wasn't scared to tell them.

"Of course, sweetheart. Anything you'd like"

~~~