You're safe (SJ) 🧸

Y/N: 14 years old——————————————————

Y/N: 14 years old
——————————————————

NO ONE'S POV
Y/N sighs, turning around in her bed for what feels like the millionth time, tears never stopping to roll down her cheeks.

It's not usual for her to have nightmares, actually she's pretty sure the last nightmare she had was about 5 years ago.

She only just woke up from one... a really bad one. And now she's debating with herself whether should she go and ask her mom for help or try to fall asleep again.

Falling asleep doesn't really seem to work though, so she chooses the other option. She attempts to wipe her tears away, but they just keep running down.

So she makes her way over to Scarlett's bedroom and opens the door as quietly as possible, and as expected she finds her mother sleeping.

She slowly and carefully takes a seat on Scarlett's bed, thoughts about leaving her mom sleep still running through her mind.

After all, Scarlett's always so exhausted from work and she has to wake up early, so Y/N doesn't want to add to that.

On the other hand, she knows she won't fall back asleep without her mom's comfort. And Scarlett's always here for her, so surely she won't be mad, right?

"Mama?" Y/N says quietly, rubbing her mother's arm as an attempt to wake her up.

"Hmm?" Scarlett hums, too tired to even open her eyes.

"Mama, can I sleep with you?" The younger Johansson questions, her voice cracking a bit from the amount of crying.

"Y/N/N, what happened?" Scarlett asks as soon as she opens her eyes, her daughter's wet cheeks telling her something's wrong.

"Mama, I had a bad dream" Y/N admits, breaking into tears once again when she remembers everything what happened in that horrible dream.

"Come here, baby" Scarlett opens her arms immediately, wrapping them around her daughter once Y/N buries her head into her mother's neck. "I'm here, sweetheart. It's okay" She says softly, rubbing her daughter's back and attempting to calm her down.

"I'm sorry, mama" The girl sobs out.

"It's okay, sweetheart. You have nothing to be sorry about" Scarlett assures, pressing a kiss to her daughter's forehead.

"I woke you up" Y/N sobs, attempting to wipe her tears away.

"Honey, you know I'm always here for you, no matter what. Come to me" The older blonde smiles softly, patting the space next to her, so Y/N climbs to bed and cuddles up to her mama, a sigh of relief leaving her lips. "What was that dream about?" She asks, running her fingers through Y/N's hair and pressing kisses to her head.

"... It-it was dark and I-I was walking home, b-but someone grabbed me a-and locked me into a dark room" Y/N starts, remembering the horrible dream, a new round of tears forming in her eyes.

"There was a guy a-and he-he hit me a-and yelled at me. I-I was so scared, mama. It felt so real" Y/N continues, breaking into tears right after.

"You're okay, sweetheart. I'm right here. No one will hurt you" Scarlett assures, pulling her daughter closer and pressing kisses to her head. "You're safe, honey. It was just a bad dream. Nothing like this will ever happen to you"

Scarlett holds her daughter for a while, just rubbing her back and pressing kisses to her head every now and then until Y/N calms down completely.

"Can I sleep here with you, mama?" Y/N asks after a while, just holding her mom tightly and not planning to let go of her.

"Of course, sweetheart" Scarlett smiles, placing another kiss to Y/N's head.

They stay quiet once again until Y/N speaks up. "Can I go to work with you tomorrow?"

"Yeah, I'll be only happy to have you around, bubs" Scarlett replies, finally making Y/N relax completely. "Now close your eyes, honey. I'm here and you're completely safe. You have nothing to worry about" She assures, tucking a strand of hair behind her daughter's ear and watching as she closes her eyes.

"I love you, mama" Y/N mumbles out, her grip over Scarlett tightening a bit, just to make sure her mom won't go anywhere.

"I love you too, sweetheart"

~~~