CHAPTER 33: Promise

"Apologize?" Cassiel scoffed. "For what?" He asked.

"Are you that bad in memories? Fine I'll remind you!" Ciara snapped and removed the plaster on her neck.

Cassiel immediately advert his gaze and sucked in his breath. THE MATE MARK.

"What's with the reaction? You don't wanna see it?" She asked raising her brow.

'Isn't she supposed to be scared of me?' Cassiel thought still looking the other side.

"Hey!" Ciara grabbed him by his sleeve and made him to look at her. "You don't snub me when I'm talking to you, that's just so disrespectful" she said.

Cassiel shook her hand off but she grabbed it again and glared at him.

"Let go off my sleeve.. Cop" Cassiel said in a deep voice.

"Cop?... Wait" Ciara remembered the strange guy in the party thinking she was a Cop.

"You.." Her lips parted.

Cassiel shook off her hand and stared coldly at her. "Stay away from me"

He tried to walk away from her but Ciara grabbed him and hit his back on the wall holding his collar.

Cassiel eyes widened "What the heck..."

"Let me give you a warning little Demon. First, I ain't cared of anyone, especially you. Second, you should be the one who should stay away from me. And lastly, if you dare hurt any of my friends I'm gonna break your fucking balls" Ciara warned smacking her lips before turning to leave Cassiel in shock.

Cassiel stood there for a while digesting all what Ciara had just said to him. Little Demon? Break his ball?

He looked down at his member then back up and cleared his throat. Her words shouldn't affect him.. should it?

"I guess you've finally get to meet someone who can shake you" Mara smirked behind him.

Cassiel looked at her and then walked pass her without a word.

Mara chuckled and walked towards where the girls are and watched them for a while.

"Humans are annoying" she mumbled and turn to leave.

"Hey!" A guy suddenly appeared before her.

"What the fuck!" She snapped and moved backwards. "You again?" She asked.

"Come.. I need to talk to talk to you" Kingsley said grabbed her hand and drew her away from the place.

They got to a quiet place and he released her.

"Seriously you need to stop doing that..

"Doing what.. I just want us to talk about what happened..

"That was a mistake!" Mara cut him off immediately.

"Mistake? Then why did you kiss me back?" Kingsley frowned deeper. He actually thought she might feel the same way as him but hearing the word 'Mistake' broke the last thread of hope.

"Yea!! You won't stop coming around me and do crazy stuff..." She paused not knowing what to say.

"Crazy stuff? I did that because I like you" Kingsley said. His word straightforward as ever.

"Like.. me? Are you crazy? I'm not human and I can kill just within a second..

"You've said that many times but you didn't. That only shows one thing Mara. You feel the same way don't you?" He asked walking close to her.

Mara raised her sharp claws and glared at him. "Don't even think about it I'm gonna slash you for real" she threatened and he stop surprising her.

"I'll just just wait for your reply.. Mara" He said and walked away.