22. Decision

I'll do whatever my parents says because I know they will always choose the best for me. I want to live my life again. This time, I won't let anyone damage me.

After my recovery, my parents started to discuss about my life, career.

"Mon, now you're stable. I think now you should start your life again" My Mom said. We're now sitting in the living room.

"Look Mon, don't think we're pressuring you. If you can and want to then you can focus on your life again. We're not gonna force you, you can take your time. Mae, phaw are always there for you. Hm?" My father said and I nodded.

"So Mon, have you decided anything yet?"

"Mae, phaw, ummm...I haven't decided anything yet, I want you to decide everything now. I know you'll always choose the best for me" I said

"Yes Mon we will always do that. But we don't want to decide something and make you do it if you don't like it. We'll always support you"

"I know Mae, but I want you to decide. I'll do everything." I said

"Hmmm...now that you want us to decide. Umm...we have already decided before hand..."

"Yes Phaw. What is it?"

"Umm- look we're not gonna force. If you don't want then don't do. Okay?"

"Don't worry Phaw, just say it"

"We decided that we will send you to UK" My father said

My eyes widened

"But before that, we want to listen your thoughts about...About- Sam.." my mother added

"If you're mentally okay then We want you to divorce her"

I kept silent.

"We know you love her so much, but she did the wrong thing to you. She couldn't afford your love. And that will only hurt you in the end. We don't want our only child to get hurt again. Not again. We only have you Mon. We want to make sure you're secure."

My eyes are filling with tears. I tried hard keep them from falling looking up, I avoid eye contact with my parents.

"We understand it takes time to unlove someone whom you gave everything. But we should put ourselves before them, no matter how much love we have for them. We want you to be fine both mentally and physically. You can take your time. If you go to US you can move on more easily and find a great job. We trust you, Mon" My mom said as she reached my hand and squeezed it a little.

"...."

"Mon?"

"...."

"Mon, we don't want you to be upset. Forgive Mae phaw if we said something that hurt yo-"

"No Mae, I'm fine, don't worry.....g-give me somet-time. I'll do whatever you want."

"Thank you Mon. Thank you for being such a good and strong daughter. Thank you for coming in our life. We love you." My mom said and hugged me

"I love you two too." I said as I faked smile. I don't want them to see me break down. I want to be strong for them. Then I excused myself and went to my room.

***

What should I do? Should I just let her go? But I went through many for making her mine. We went through many to be together.

No no no...what am I thinking. I'll not be soft this time. I need to stay strong! I need to make my life secured and live a happy one.

I won't be happy if I keep thinking about her. I can't forget how much it hurted when I saw everything by my own eyes. I don't want to feel the same again.