36. Mediation & Negotiation

Mon's POV:

So after a very long discussion and days of deep thinking, I decided to agree with them about engaging in Negotiation or Mediation.

My lawyer said its important to listen to the opposite party and its better if we can solve this matter before going to Court. Because the case could take a long time to be solved in Court, some cases takes years to solve.

So Mr. Welzel, my lawyer sent a letter about agreeing to their proposal few days ago. And it's already the day to face them.

I already told my Dad about this matter. I'm so nervous from past few days and I would surely freak out while Meditating. So I want someone to be with me there. As there's only my Dad here in England, he would go with me.

I thought he would say 'No' to my face because I never mentioned about this matter to him and I was scared he would probably kill me for engaging in these kind of case, though he never opposed my decisions.

But I was totally wrong. He's always encouraging me, always giving me positive vibes. One thing about my Dad I like is he always try to understand the opposite person. Maybe because that happened with him and he felt the same way? When he and my Mae fought... anyways.

I also called my parents in Thailand. They insisted to come England but I forcefully refused their idea. I know their financial situation now, it would only cause them trouble to visit UK.

...

My Dad and I already have reached the place few minutes ago and currently waiting for my lawyer.

A car stopped in front of us and it's Mr. Welzel.

He came towards us and gave me a look full of encouragement and support. I gave him a nervous smile. My father and Mr. Welzel shook their hands. And then he turned towards me. We talked about the upcoming situation and he advised me beforehand. 'Cause he already knows me, I'd freak out.

Andrew Welzel is really a gentleman.

As a woman, I'm insecure most of the time. Because its only me in England. Of course there's my dad. But its me, just a girl most of the time. In my work, on the streets, at my apartment. It's just me.

But Andrew is a good friend to me now. As a wise man he is, he already has got to know me well in these few months. Not only just about this case, he always assures me that I'll be fine, that he's here if I need any help. He doesn't only seems like my lawyer but a great friend or brother to me now. And I'm grateful for that.

After few minutes of waiting outside, we entered there. As I looked up into the room, I saw 5 figures waiting for us.

The mediator, with 2 more men. One for writing things down, another for I don't know why.

In front of them is a man with looks of an Attorney, this must be Mr. Evans. And beside him is Sam.

She looks the same, as beautiful as the first time.

As soon as her gaze met mine, I saw the whole universe in them. All the emotions she was feeling, I could see them through her eyes and feel them as well. My heart started to run faster and it was slightly aching.

I could really feel the physical pain in my heart.

The moment was broken by the deep and rough voice of the Mediator. I looked towards him as he gestured us to take our seats and we did.

We did the necessary things we had to do before starting the real process.

We all talked for few minutes to end the awkwardness. And then the real talks started.