32. Marriage Certificate

Sam's Pov :

Today I'm going to hold a party for the collaboration of our companies. All the employees aro also invited. It's going to take place take at evening so I still have to work.

I don't work from home, I go to the branch company where I have my respective office room.

So today the lawyer visited me in the office. I shared about the plan going on my mind. He listened all of that and advised me.

As per my plan, I'm going to fight the case here which Mon wanted to fight in Thailand. I possibly couldn't win that. So it's better here. Very simple. But no, it's not. I knew that's going to be hetic.

He told me that if we want to file a case and fight the case in foreign countries then we must have citizenship. It could have been easier because I have business branches here, and that's a great reason to file a case here in England. But we can only use the facility of having a major reason like having any business here to fight case in local courts when it's related to Business. And the company is not gonna help me because it's totally personal.

Getting divorced is a personal case which can't be helped by any work matters. So I have to choose another way.

And also I have to face many other problems in the court. Like Mon and I are not married legally. We don't have any marriage certificate. So if I fight against this, I have to collect a lot of proofs.

And even if I act according all the conditions, still the court might not let us be together legally. 80% chances are my plans being failed and the rest is miracle.

He told me if I'll able to show them some important evidence and meaningful logic, there are still chances that we can be together.

But the main issue is we are not married in papers. And it's because Thailand don't accept Same-Sex marriage. So we decided to get married traditionally back then. Not in papers. But in UK same-sex is accepted so they must be married in papers to fight a case relate to it.

Which we are not..

After he explained all this, I thanked him and he left the office.

***

Urghh! What am I gonna do?!.

I held my forehead with both of my hands on the desk, forcing myself to think deeply. To think of a great idea.

My head is literally aching because of this. This was never supposed to happen.. Like we never thought of this situation. Never thought we would be going through this.

I let a deep sigh out. Then ordered a cup of coffee for this headache.

I looked around the room with deep sighs trying to calm myself down. This is so stressful.

This feeling is coming again. That lonely feeling. Like there's no one for me. I have no one to rely on. Not Grandma, not Neung, not Kirk, not my friends, not no one.

The thought of having no one by side is so terrifying. It haunt me like a unbearable bitter truth. Whenever I look back I see many people are there with. Many are trying to help me.

But..

But no one is with me. No one that understand my mental state. No one listen to my untold words. No one pay attention to my silence like it's my normal self. No one understand the language of my eyes. Except that one person...

Is it really true? Am I really alone without her?

Or am I just forcing myself to think like that? Am I unseeing all the efforts my close ones make?

Rringg Rringg Rringg...

Suddenly my thoughts were interrupted by a call.

Video call :
The Gang

Urghh this idiots! Always interrupt my important thoughts!

I picked up the phone and accepted the call before holding it in front of my face.

.

"Hey! Horn Fuzzy!" Jim shouted

"Why are you guys calling now? Don't you know it's my working hour?"

"Oy! We're your friends and that's how you treat your friends, huh?"  Tee asked with a sightly annoyed tone

"I'm in my office right now. Can you call later?"

"No we can't! But you can continue being a workaholic later" Kade said

Sigh

"Don't act like this. We called to check on you. Because someone named Samanun Anuntrakul doesn't remember us at all. So we ourselves had to do it" Kade continued with a pout.

"You're not looking cute at all"

Kade sticked out her tongue to mock me as an reply.

Knock knock..

Oh, my coffee

"Come in" I said which the gang heard on the other side of phone.

The helper put the cup of the coffee on my desk and left right after as I signaled her to.

"Who was that?"

"My coffee"

"Ah Okay, How are you doing? Have you met Mon? Are you enjoying delicious english foods? When are you planning to send us gifts? Have you met any lawyer yet?" Here goes Jim with her question storms.

"Jim, let her process one question before you pour another bucket" Tee said trying to calm this loudspeaker down. Yeah Jim is literally a loudspeaker herself.

"I'm doing well. I met a lawyer today and we discussed about things. Yeah the foods are good. And I haven't met Mon yet... But I think I might get the chance tonight" I flashed a quick nervous smile to them.

"Great! Don't get nervous when you see her. Just stay cool. If you panick she might think you're guilty because of the past.." Kade said

"I don't know... Will she think I followed her to England?"

"Even though you did and she might think like that, but you should act like you're there for work and she already knows you have branches there." Jim said. Is she encouraging me or the opposite?

"Thank you so much for the honest advice." I said coldly

"How about your health?"

"Yes I'm okay"

"Please be so. We don't want our friend go to hell first. And take care of yourself properly"

"Yes, thank you. You too"

"Then we shouldn't disturb you anymore. We're ending the call"

"You've already did so. However, bye"

"Bye! We love you!" They call said in unison

.

After they ended the call, I smiled. A real one.

I realised maybe I was wrong. Maybe I'm not all alone. They are with me. They were with me. Always..

It's my love for Mon that made me blind. I really can't notice any other person truly caring for me except her. But there are few people who really do love and care for me. And I'm lucky to have them in my life.

Oh, I need to drink the coffee before it gets cold.

I reached my hand to the cup to grab it. I brought it closer and took a sip.

Shit it's already cold..

______________

New part. Enjoy.

Sorry for the delay. Forgive me because....
I love you guys!

Your loving author,
Unknown ~