27. Chance to Explain

Sam's POV :

As I went a little closer, she stood up. The both of us stayed silent for a moment.

Me, her and the rhythm of falling rain under the never ending dark sky.

I wanted to rush into her arms but the thought of making her scared stopped me. My sudden action might make her uncomfortable.

I tried to be as gentle as I could, but seeing the love of your life suffering, because of you, can push you to the death.

What kind of person am I to her now, after I left her at her worst? Maybe she can never trust me again in this lifetime. What should I do to make you trust me again, Mon?

She fixed the bag on her shoulder, grabbed her trolley bag and proceed to leave.

"M-Mon!"

She stoped just for a second, maybe because she heard me calling her name for the first time in these 3 years. Then as she again moved to leave, I rushed towards her and grabbed her arms to stop her.

She jerked her hands away making my hand let go of hers. I tried to hold it again but she kept moving away.

"Mon, please listen to me...j-just give one last chance to explain. Please!"

"Mon please don't stay quiet like this! Please answer!"

She started walking away in the rain..her clothes are getting wet now..

"Mon let's go to the bus stop. You'll get sick. Mon!"

She didn't answer any of my words and carried on walking. I kept following her too.

"Mon! Don't be stone-hearted, Mon!! Don't leave me please. I can't afford to lose you again! Please stay...Don't leave me!"

"..."

"I'll improve myself, I promise. Please!"

"I'm sorry, Mon..sorry, I'm sorry you had to see something that you never thought of. But please trust me! I never did that! I'm sorry"

She neither stopped nor looked at me.

"Don't assume things that I never did please! This was all a misunderstanding. Please listen to me!!"

"Misunderstanding you say?!?!" She turned towards me

I didn't know what to say. How to say? If I tell you the truth you still won't believe. I just ruined everything!

"Can you please trust me?? I never did what you have been thinking all this time! I never cheated Mon..I know it's hard to believe me for you now but I can do anything you want me to gain your trust again"

"Then what was it?? What I saw was wrong??!!"

"How can I make you believe me?! I can do anything you want me to!!" I went infront of her and stopped her way.

"I don't want to listen anything!"

"You have to! Please!!"

"Get out of my way. Let me go!"

"No I won't. You have to listen to me first"

"I already said, I don't want to. Your words mean nothing after what you did!"

"I did not do it, Mon! Please trust me. Please give me the chance to make it clear!"

"If you want to make it clear this much then why didn't you come earlier???!!"

"You want to know?...It was your parents who warned me to go to your house! I asked them to update me but they never did! So I directly asked your specialist but your parents blocked this path too! I didn't have any other way to communicate with you. I never knew that you recovered!!"