42. Stay with Me

Narrator's POV:

It's a normal day, except the fact Sam couldn't pick Mon up on her way to office in the morning. She was actually late for the office as she slept more than usual. Blame it to Srijit, Scarlett and Caroline, Sam's University friends in UK. They've been telling her to go out with them. Being the introvert Sam is, she kept rejecting them until yesterday they didn't listen to her anymore. They went to the bar to celebrate their reunion, partied hard and got wasted.

Both Sam and Mon are in the office now. They are still communicating, going to work, and also going on dates, but their hearts yearn for more - for the intimacy, laughter, and shared moments they had lost.

Sam haven't talked with Mon since yesterday, at the office. She couldn't even drop Mon at her condo from office yesterday. And she kinda feels guilty that Mon had to go home by herself all of a sudden. Though, she had already texted her that's she wouldn't be able to pick her up.

..

Sam didn't want to go to office but she's famous for being a Workaholic, nothing can stop that. Her head is throbbing like crazy since morning. And having no breakfast making it even worse.

She thought it would lessen the hangover if she have a cup of coffee, but it doesn't seem to go away. She didn't care about it at first and focused on her work, but it's still aching like hell, until she couldn't take it anymore.

She's a heavy drinker and used to this kind of hangovers but it's been so long since she drank alcohol this hard. She promised to herself she'd control it for Mon, so it's seems little different than before. Drinking once in a while is not bad, she thought and chugged every shots her friends were offering, yesterday. But now she's getting it's results.

She decided to go back to her house, since she can't focus on the work with this hangover. On the way, she bought some medicine for the headache and also some food to eat before the medicine.

..

It's already evening now, Sam's headache has lessen after taking the meal and medicine and also the great nap she had at noon after a shower.

At evening, when the city lights danced outside their windows, a familiar ringtone pierced the silence. Sam's heart raced as she walked over the office table in her room and picked up the call and all she heard was Mon's voice, weak and vulnerable.

"C-can you please come to me? Right now?" Mon's voice trembled.

"Are you okay? W-what happened?" Sam's heart stopped beating for a moment.

"I-I need you," Mon whispered, a plea in her voice.

"I'm on my way, love. Wait for me," Sam reassured, concern mixing with nervousness. This was the first time Mon had called her this late wanting her to go to her condo, and Sam's mind raced with worry.

Arriving at Mon's condo, Sam was greeted by a unlocked door. Panic fluttered in her chest as she entered, finding Mon on the couch, wrapped in blankets. Without hesitation, Sam rushed over.

"Hey, it's okay. I'm here now," Sam whispered, brushing a strand of hair away from Mon's forehead.

Mon managed a weak smile, appreciating the comfort Sam brought. As Sam cared for her, she couldn't help but reminisce about the time they used to live together, sharing not only space but dreams, fears, and joys.

"What happened, love?" Sam asked sitting next to Mon, concern was evident.

"..." Mon just nuzzled her head into Sam's neck.

"Mon? You know you can tell me anything. I'm just here."

"I-I wasn't feeling good." Mon replied with her face still buried.