44. Pain & Peace of Love

Sam's POV:

"Did you bring the groceries?" Mon shouted from kitchen as I came back home.

It's been few weeks, we're living together. I'm trying my best to be the best version of myself this time. But here, I forgot to bring the things she asked me to buy.

"Oh-ummm...",

"You've forgotten, right?" Mon glared at me.

"Sorry...I'll go and buy right away!"

"I reminded you 50 times before you left, Sam. How could you still forget?" She said, her hand moving in the air, holding a knife.

"C-can you put down the knife first?" I said, trying to save my dear life from this hot-headed woman.

In return, she glared at me again.

"Okay, I'll be back in an instant!" I said as I grabbed the car keys again from where I had put it a few minutes ago.

"Be quick! Or else..." She showed her knife.

"O-okay!"

I quickly ran out of the house, but I heard the soft chuckle of her coming from inside.

I got in the car and drove off to the nearest supermarket.

..

"One peanut butter..." I mumbled while looking for the one Mon usually brings.

As I was buying the things, something popped inside my head.

Mr. Kim.

Mr. Kim...

Should...I tell her? Should I ask her about him?

I don't wanna argue with her again. And I don't know what her reaction will be if I tell her about that damn photo!

But you should ask her, Sam. You need to know.

What if we fight again? I can't lose her this time.

But she needs to know what happened. She deserves to know!

No. She'll feel guilty if I tell her. It's for the best, if I don't let her know.

Why do you want to keep her in dark? You both need to talk about the past. Running away from it won't help.

But...

Dont you want her to know what happened few years ago? Don't you wanna ask her about that photo?

I do! But I don't know if I'm ready for her answer. What if she says she had feelings for Mr. Kim? What if she says she...she really cheated on me?

Really? Sam? You think of her this way? Damn you!

No! No! I don't think of her this way! I'm just afraid of...of knowing the truth. It's all in the past. Why not forget it?

Yes, but we shouldn't forget THE past which is connected to our future. Are you that coward, Sam?

What?? No. I'm Samanun Anuntrakul!

Then go tell her! Talk to her! Fix the future you're gonna live with her!

.

I took a deep breath and made my mind to be brave and tell her about that Motherf--I mean Mr. Kim.

.

"I'm home."

As I reached home with the groceries, I put them aside and hugged Mon from behind as she cut the vegetables.