43. Shifting

Sam's POV:

"I'm doing this only because you're my dear friend, Samanun Anuntrakul. And you should appreciate that!" Srijit said, putting both of his hands on his waist as he brought a huge box on the second floor.

"She's Samanun Anuntrakul bro, you're still expecting?" Scarlet said with a laugh making everyone else laugh too.

I smirked as Srijit looked at me, his lips curling down. Well, it's not that I don't appreciate them, I really am grateful that they are my friends, even after years and also knowing how I behave. I just don't know how to express emotions infront of them.

It was so hard for me even in front of Mon at first, but now I can say I'm emotionally free when I'm with her. And I appreciate how Mon changed that emotionless monster to a normal human being with equal emotions and feelings as others. Though, this side of me was disappearing in those 3 years but now since I'm with her, I can feel that the Human, soft hearted Sam is still living within me. Or should I say, she lived all along the way but I was just too scared to let her be herself. Mon helped me to let that soft hearted Sam be free, and when I did, she lived within me more vividly.

I wiped a sweat from my neck after putting the vase Mon loves on one of the tables and helping Srijit move the Sofa to the other side of the living room.

Mon and I decided that we'll be living together. She proposed that idea first and I loved it! So I moved her necessary stuffs --that were in her apartment-- into my house as soon as possible. And if you ask why we chose my house to stay, well, that's kinda immature way to decide. We just played Rock Paper Scissors...and I won.

"Sam, help me here!" Mon shouted from a room.

I went there and saw her struggling to open the sliding door of the wardrobe.

"This door is not opening!" She said, frustrated.

"Let me." I said as I urged her to move and stepped towards the wardrobe.

"This is not our room, why are you even trying to open this? You can use the wardrobe in our room upstairs." I said after I opened the door with a jerk.

"I'm putting here the less necessary things. Our room will be just for us." She said, smiling. How cute!

"I see.." I said, "I'm going outside then, they might need my help."

"Okay." She replied and I stepped outside the room.

There I saw, Scarlett and Caroline teasing Srijit together. I should join them too.

"Boy, you should find a girlfriend real soon."

"Yeah, then your girlfriend could help you-----"

"Urgh! Enough! I don't need a GiRLfRiNd~"

"What? I'm just saying she could help you iron your clothes!" Caroline said, denying her previous statement.

"I said I DON'T NEED A GIRLFRIEND! What's wrong with you guys?!"

"How about a boyfriend then?" Scarlett teased with a wink.

"I'm totally fine being Single. I enjoy it!" He protested.

"Woah woah, little tiger. Don't get mad. I know how you're feeling." I paused and glanced at the other two, they were giving me a confused look.

"I know how you feel.....at night, alone." Everyone laughed out, realising my sarcasm.

"Saaammmm!!!" He shouted as we kept laughing.

"Where's the lie though? If you get a girlfriend---"

"Saammm!!" He cut me off.