31. Little Steps

Narrator's Pov :

Mon just came back to her current apartment from work. She decided to take a bath and eat something is easy to make 'cause have already had dinner outside with her stuffs earlier and now wants to get fed one more time so that she don't have to wake up in the middle of the night.

She came out of the bathroom and changed into her night gown. She grabbed a cup of noodles and poured some boiling water in it. While waiting for the noodles to be prepared, she took her phone and opened Facebook. She was scrolling through the feed for a few seconds and suddenly a thought flashed in her mind.

She doesn't know what got into her, she just searched the old Facebook account named 'I Am Your Boss' which she had blocked a long ago. But she couldn't find it by searching it's name.

She suddenly started to panick thinking she won't ever able to see the account or the owner of the account. Then she remembered that she had blocked it. So she went to the settings and unblocked her.

She sighed in relief. Though she has left Thailand and thinks that she'll never face Khun Sam again, but deep down she still wants an excuse to meet her, even just for once.

She scroll through the account and saw all the posts Khun Sam had posted in the early time of their relationship and some random things that she used to post while they were together.

Mon didn't even realise she has a bitter smile on her face with tears filled eyes. Scrolling through the account, she reached the end of the post. She saw the first post of that account. The one which has 'Wanna suck mouth' written on the post.

She smiled again recalling all the memories. She remembered how she was embarassed seeing that post and how she complaint about it to Khun Sam and what happened afterwards.

She then saw the post written 'Bragging. I. Did. It. With Mon.' Mon chuckled remembering about the night they did it for the first time and what Sam did to announce that their mission was successful.

She remembered all the happy and sad memories once again like she does almost every night. Her smile slowly faded.

She left a deep sigh and came back to the present. Putting the phone back on the table, she continued eating the noodles.

.

On the other hand, Khun Sam is searching for something in her laptop. She is focused on her current task. She collected some information about Khun Nita, Khun Noey and Mr. Kim. She gritted her teeth looking through the pages and documents about them. Her hands clutches everytime she sees their faces.

After the investigation, she shut her laptop down and put it on the side table. She's on her bed ready to sleep but couldn't that's why she decided to collect some information that might help in future.

Khun Sam has decided to see a lawyer tomorrow. She will give the lawyer all the proofs and discuss the matter.

That's her plan from the beginning after their first meeting in years. She has planned to solve their case in UK because the government of England have already accepted the Same-Sex marriage. So that's totally legal to fight their complicated case in England courts.

She has prepared some evidence which proofs she didn't cheated, it was planned, and what more reason was behind it.

She has decided to let Mon know about the case they are going to fight after she discuss everything with a great lawyer.

Her fingers are playing with her lips as a sign of her being nervous. She's already getting nervous with the thought of facing Mon. She doesn't know what to do in front of her. She just losts her mind everytime she look at the love of her life, Mon.

A call suddenly interrupted her. The caller was Kirk. She sighed and picked up the called.

In these past few years, Khun Sam and Khun Kirk has become more close and better friends. Even if Sam pushes him away, he stubbornly come back to her.

As a friend, a really good friend.

When Sam was breaking down in the past about her and Mon's fight, Kirk used to check up on her. When she didn't want to eat anything or meet anyone, Kirk used to come to Sam's home with her favourite foods and feed her stubbornly.

Not only Khun Kirk, the gang used to help her too. They all became more close over these years. Only one person was missing. The love of her life.

.

"Hello, Sam"

"Yes Kirk. Why are you calling this late?"

"Nothing to worry about. Just wanted to check up on you. So how's your health?"

"I am fine..."

"Physically... not mentally. Or should I say both"

"Stop that nonsense"

"Ah ok ok. So what about the plan? How is it going? Have you fixed a lawyer?"

"Yes I will meet a lawyer tomorrow. Of course I choose one of the best lawyer. I don't wanna lose her "

"Don't worry. You'll win the case."

"But I don't know much about Laws and these court cases. That kinda scares me"

"Oh, Honourable Lady Samanun Anuntrakul is scared of law?"

"No. I am not afraid about that. I'm just worried about Mon. She is going to be involved in this of course, if the court declares something bad. If this little step brings us any big problem..."

"Don't worry, Sam. It's just a divorce case. I have seen many other major cases and they won. Just make sure you have enough evidence and just be confident"

"Yes Kirk...but I- I don't know how to face her. I can't say any word against her or something that would hurt her intentionally. I might end up breaking down in the court"

"You better trust yourself, Sam. And I know Mon still loves you. She is just trying to hide her true feelings. So go and get your girl!"

"..."

"Hey. You'll get through this. We're all with you, Sam. Even if no one trusts you, I have always got your back. Just let me know whenever you need me, okay?"

"Hmm...thank you, Kirk"

"No need, Sam. I have already caused you so many troubles in the past. And that's my pleasure be useful to you as a friend"

"Thanks again."

"Hmm...have you started working there?"

"Yeah. I took a day off to rest the first day. And then started working"

"Ok"

"How's Grandma?"

"She's doing well. She missed you, you should call her sometime"

"Yeah, I'll call her when I get time"

"Okay then. Rest well and believe yourself. I'm ending the call "

"Thank you, Kirk for the advice. Yeah bye"

"Welcome. Bye"

Call ended

.
_______________________

Hello Budbuds! New update, enjoy.

How's the chapter? Kirk has changed a lot after Sam and Mon's marriage. Good thing he's being a good friend to Sam.

Thank you for reading and waiting. Hoping you in the future too. Take care and stay tuned.

Uhm..and Happy Birthday to your Evil Author! Hahaha...

Today is Freenbecky's mysterious confession. It seems like my birthday gift. And yesterday, the Marry Me MV was like a Pre-Birthday Gift. Hahaha.

Thank you. Have a nice day.
I love you guys <3

Your birthday author,
Unknown ~