28. Under The Rain

Narrator's POV:

"Mon. I know you don't believe me but please listen." Sam held Mon's hand as she tired to stand up.

"What? What do you want me to listen?!" Mon jerked her hands away.

"I want you to listen all the true things that happened 3 years ago!" Sam stand up too.

Mon frowned her eyebrows and crossed her arms as indicating Sam to speak.

"I-..this...All the things that happened between you and me was planned by someone else. They wanted to separate us. I tried so hard to catch them and give their lesson but.."

"But what?"

"I didn't do that because... because it could have been dangerous for you"

"For me? Are you done giving excuses?!?!"

"I'm not giving excuses Mon! I already told you!"

"Then you're telling me to believe what I saw, what you were doing was planned by someone else?! It was done by you, Sam! You didn't protest even once!" Mon's eyes began to tear up.

"Mon please! If you don't know anything then atleast try to listen and believe!!"

"Do you even deserve to be believe Sam?!"

"I know it's hard for you to believe but it's also hard for me, for what I have been gone through! Don't think only you're suffering!"

"Why would you suffer? You were enjoying every bit of her touchs, didn't you?!"

"What the f*ck, Mon! I enjoyed her touchs?! I'm the one who tried to find the culprits! And why would I try to stop you now if I'm enjoying?!" Sam burst out in anger.

"Don't curse!" Mon's eyes are so filled with tears that it can flow in no time if she moves her eyeball a bit.

Sam left a deep sigh.

"Sorry, for raising voice..." Sam tried to apologise as she saw Mon's eyes filled with tears.

Mon kept silent

"Mon, you can hate me or can wish to never see my face again but before that try to understand all the things that really happened...not the things that you assumed." Sam said

"..."

"Mon, listen carefully okay?...After what happened to you, your parents warned me to stay away from you, I tried to do all the things I could have done. That time I was broken too and then when I recovered from my break downs, I tried to catch the one who did this. I sent my men but they warned me about you. They said if I take any steps against them they would kill you. I got scared as I wasn't around you to protect you, though I always had men to make sure you are safe. I still tried to take steps until I got to know who they all are! Nita, No---"

"Mon! Mon! You're here!" Mr. Kim came running with an umbrella.

Both Sam and Mon looked towards him.

"Mr. Kim?"

"Hah...haishh..I we..nt to your hou..house...and--" Mr. Kim held both of his knees and started to breathe fast.

"Okay okay, breath first. Why were you running?" Mon held his shoulders and tried to calm him down with a worried look.

'They look close...' Khun Sam thought to herself

Mr. Kim calmed down after a few deep breaths.

"I went to your house to drop you off at the airport but I was late and your parents said you already left for the flight, and as it's raining I thought you'd be stuck on the road so I came" He said

"Ah, I am fine Mr. Kim. You shouldn't have do all these"

"It's okay Mon. Let's go, you're all wet. Why didn't you wait at the bus stop?" Mr. Kim held the umbrella above his and Mon's head.

Then he looked at Sam, like he never saw her standing right in front of them. Then again he turned his gaze towards Mon.

"Let's go? You already missed you flight." He said as he urged Mon to move to the direction where his car is parked.

"Wait" Sam stopped them.

"Khun Sam" He raised his eyebrows as he said that.

"Who do you think you are to take her home? " Sam asked him

"Me?... " Mr. Kim looked at Mon with a serious face.
Then again turned towards Sam.

"We're dating" He said with a little smile. We never know if it's a mocking smile or a bitter one.

Mon looked at Mr. Kim with a very surprised expression, like someone told her the most unbelievable thing at the most unbelievable moment. Mr. Kim looked at her too with a assuring smile.

"And who are you to her, Khun Sam? Or should I ask the better question...Where were you all this time? " He asked Sam with fire in his eyes. Like Khun Sam has broken his most precious thing.

No word came from Sam's mouth. They all were silent. Each for different reasons. Mon for being so surprised, Sam for not having any perfect answer and Mr. Kim for the answer he knows Khun Sam can't give.

"But Mon you can't date anyone, you're still married to me. I didn't sign the papers." Sam looked at Mon as she said those. Pain is clearly visible through her expressive eyes.

Mon couldn't say anything, she gulped with teary eyes..

"Let's go, Mon" Mr. Kim said to Mon

"Mon! You have to listen!" Sam shouted but no one responded.

Mr. Kim pushed Mon to make her go to the car.

"Mon! " Sam shouted to stop her beloved from leaving her.

Mr. Kim stopped and looked back making Mon stop too.

"If you want to explain everything, then meet her at the court" He said with a smirk as he knows Sam can't win the case cause same-sex marriage is still not accepted in Thailand.

"Mon... " Khun Sam called her wife hoping that she would stop but she never did.

Slowly they started to fade away from her sight as the rain is still pouring heavily.

"Hey Mon, don't think too much. I said that we're dating to save you from that bastard. Sorry for that" Mr. Kim said as they both got into the car.

"It's okay Mr. Kim, though I was fine." Mon smiled bitterly.

"So...are you going to take a step against her? Will you go to the court?"

"Uhm...I don't think so..Same-sex marriage is not allowed here. Of course I will win the case. So...no" Mon said looking down while fidgeting with her fingers.

"Hmm...ok. Let's go back" He started the engine.

The car started and soon they left the area.

And Sam was left all alone in the road, under the heavy rain. She just stared at the direction Mon and Mr. Kim left, with eyes filled with tears.

Soon, she let the tears flow as she couldn't hold them back anymore. Along with the rain drops, her tears are running down her cheeks. She raised her face towards the sky with closed eyes and sat down on the wet road.

"I couldn't keep you mine, Mon..."

____________________

Here, new part. Enjoy.

I was a little out of ideas so I took a small break. Thank you for considering that. Now I'm back with tones of ideas, both present and future parts.

One more thing, We just reached 20K reads! Thank you very much for your love and support. Stay with me in future too. Take care and stay hydrated! Once again thank you sooo much!!
I love you guys! <3

Your thankful author,
Unknown ~