𝐬𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠

July 2nd, 2021OuterBanks, North Carolina

July 2nd, 2021
OuterBanks, North Carolina.

𓇼 𓇼 𓇼 𓇼 𓇼

The sunshine peered through the bedroom window in the early summer morning. Strands of my hair had fallen against the temple of my face. Stretching my arms up towards the wooden headboard and arching my back against the cold sheets. Boxes had been sparse around the room as I had stayed up till one in the morning, putting items away in my room. The furniture had been sat in perfect spots where the sunshine from the large window had peered down on all of it. It had started to feel more like home.

I sat up in my bed, grasping my phone that sat on my nightstand. My eyes glanced down at the phone seeing that the time had been seven am in the morning. Narrowing my eyebrows, I kicked my bare feet over and onto the carpeted flooring. I pushed myself up from the bed and left my phone on the sheets. Shuffling my feet against the floor and heading into the bathroom, turning my back towards the shower. I grasped the sink faucet, letting the water warm up before I had pushed my head towards the sink. Cupping water in my hands and splashing the water against my oiled face. Repeating it another time, I had wiped my face with the tips of my finger tips before I had grasped ahold of the clean towels I had put in the small closet beside the shower. The cloth had wiped against my skin while sunshine had hit the mirror that laid against the white wall.

The smell of fresh coffee had flown throughout the hallway. Sitting the cloth against the clean counter tops before heading back into the bedroom and towards the closet that sat across the bathroom. I had turned the light on in the closet and looked around for the work out clothing that I had hung up last night. I had glanced around the new closet that had been much bigger than my closet at our old home. My fingers grasped against a black pair of leggings that my mom had bought for me for Christmas in the years before. Lululemon leggings that were not worth the money, but comfortable enough to use. I grabbed ahold of an align top that was a bright yellow color against my skin. Throwing the clothes on my un-made bed and turned back into the closet, picking up a pair of Nike work out shoes that I had used every time I worked out.

I had walked back into my bedroom, pulling the clothing off of my body and throwing them into the woven laundry bin. I had covered my chest with my hands as I had walked to my dresser and pulled out a sports bra. Pulling the undergarment upon my chest and then the align top that had sat upon my bed. My legs pulled through the leggings and up the small curves that formed on my hips. I had pulled socks upon my feet and then the beaten shoes. Standing up and looking at myself in the mirror that stood across from my dresser, smiling at myself because of the new start in another area of Outer Banks. I walked towards my bed and grabbed the phone that laid on my sheets. I reached down towards the wood bedside table to grab the lululemon bag that held my drivers license and car keys in. Pushing the bag over my head and across my chest, I had opened my bag and put my phone inside of it as I had taken my car keys out before zipping it up.

I grasped against the brass doorknob and pulled it open. Making out the room into the hallway that led to the kitchen where my parents had been unloading boxes. Dangling my car keys in my fingertips and headed out into the kitchen to see my parents sitting at the small dining table, drinking their warm coffee. Smiling at my patents, I had walked to the fridge to grab ahold of the water bottle that I left in the fridge. "I'll be back in an hour. I'm heading to the gym." I spoke into the silent room as my dad had been reading the newspaper. My mom took her coffee mug away from her lips and nodded her head while I had walked out of the French doors. "Love you, have fun." My mom waved her hand as I had smiled at my dad and mom in response. Walking in the light oceanic breeze, feeling the breeze go throughout my lightly braided hair. I had walked against the large stepping stones while heading to the bright yellow Ford Branco that sat in the driveway with the roof down already. I smiled at the car that I had bought two years ago and put in a lot of time and effort to fix up the car. As I was getting into the car, I saw Rafe in the garage of his house. The garage had been pulled up while two other boys had joined him in workout clothing. Catching his eye, I had waved a hand at him before opening the car door. I pulled myself up with the rail bar and sat down in the tan leather seat.