𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐲

"Cause honey, all I know is what I feel"

August 2nd, 2021.
OuterBanks, North Carolina.

𓇼 𓇼 𓇼 𓇼 𓇼

The night consisted of Kiara and Sarah comforting me and taking my mind away from the pain that was caused by the ones that I loved. I came home later in the evening, preparing for the next day as I would become introduced to being the new Volleyball Coach at the college. My body relaxed in the warm shower that I ran for myself, taking a long and comforting shower. JJ had not been home which made me assume that he stormed off to the chateau after our argument. I knew that we would not speak to another for a couple of days, at least until I came back from South Carolina with Rafe. I hoped that being with Rafe would heal the wounds that JJ formed within the month of me being in a real relationship.

I still didn't understand that if JJ loved me, he would want me to be happy. Instead he tried to ruin it for me which made me resent him in a way. I didn't want to be around him anymore after the words he said to me much earlier in the day. It distraught me and caused pain in the pit of my stomach just to think about the words that came out of his mouth. It was unbelievable to believe that JJ was in love with me and cared about me, because if he did, he wouldn't cause struggles between Rafe and I after all. I laid on my bed with my wet hair underneath me. I forced myself to forget about the issues that I had with JJ and forced myself to think about the good memories that I had with him. Texting Rafe off and on throughout the night made me feel a sense of comfort knowing that despite our issues, he had wanted to push through them. It made me realize how much he actually did love me and care about me during that time. He comforted me instantly after we talked through the issue we had with one another earlier in the day. Laying in my bed, I stared at the television that flashed against me.

My skin lit up from the colorful lights coming out of the television that was mounted up on the wall. JJ and my father put up the television after we had moved in. Something in the pit of my stomach was filled with nervousness because I would be introduced into the college league coaches. A soft knock came from the bedroom door that hid me from the rest of the world. I sat up with my arms pushing me up off the soft mattress. "Come in." I said with a soft voice after being vulnerable and tired. My throat was sore from the amount of tears that I had shed. Jack lifted his head off of the end of the bed he laid across, tilting his head slightly. The door creaked open only to show my father coming in from behind the door. "How you feelin' sweetheart?" My father questioned as he left the door cracked open slightly while he walked himself to sit beside Jack on the edge of the bed. I pulled my legs into my chest and wrapped my arms around them. I stared at him petting the young dog that comforted me in times of distress. Indie laid in her dog bed across the room, unbothered by the fact that her owner had come into the bedroom.

"Not the best." I told him in honesty while staring at him with tiredness underneath my eyes. He nodded his head and laid his open hand on the shorts he had worn to bed usually. "How come?" He asked as he tilted his head. I shrugged lightly and leaned up against the headboard. "Overly tired and nauseous because of the baby. But I'm feeling depressed because of JJ." I explained to my father and looked into his eyes as if I had been a little girl once again, looking for my father's full attention. I was a daddy's girl from the moment I was born. I loved my mother, she was amazing even though she was a little much at times. She didn't compete with my father though. She allowed me to be a daddy's girl because she was once that way to her own dad. My father is and was my hero. He always knew what to do and became such an amazing man to everyone around him. He put so much time and effort back into the community instead of caring about himself. "That's normal. Your mom went through the tiredness and nausea. What about JJ?" He narrowed his dark eyebrows and stared at me.