𝐢𝐧𝐯𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠

"And isn't it so pretty to think, all along

"And isn't it so pretty to think, all along... there was some invisible string tying me to you?"

April 25th, 2021.
OuterBanks, North Carolina.

𓇼 𓇼 𓇼 𓇼 𓇼

In life, people always remind you either of the good or the bad. However, it's the choice that you have the control over. Control over how you think. How you feel. How you react to certain situations that can either lead to good or bad outcomes. That was where I had been knowing that my friends had been found; but anger rushed through my bloodstream knowing that my boyfriend, my child's father, along with my family hid it from me. As much as I wanted to be realistic because I was in labor from the early morning, I would have wanted to have that feeling of comfort knowing that they were alright instead of thinking that they were still in a random place without any help. I wanted to know that comfort that they were okay as much as my family wanted me to focus on the present; because I had wasted so many months of my life thinking about JJ and the rest of my friends.

Apologizing for snapping at my parents alongside my boyfriend, they accepted the apology knowing how much I had missed them on top of the release of my pregnancy hormones and trying to deal with the newborn. They didn't hide it from me because they didn't want me to know — it was because they knew how stressed out I was already. Rafe lied to me only because he knew that I was out of it, but on top of that, didn't want to add more stress that could potentially harm my mental state. He didn't mean any harm; but was also happy just knowing that his little sister was safe and sound. My parents agreed with him after they were able to calm me down. My father had informed me that JJ and John B were the first ones that called him from the police station. My parents had rushed to the police station to pick them up, alongside Sarah because she had refused to step into the home that her abusive father had lived in for so long. Instead, she slept at the Chateau alongside JB while JJ went back into his untouched room. He had realized that I wasn't living at home anymore once he got there, but then found out I was in labor which is why he had shown up at the hospital. That was when Rafe told him not to throw that amount of stress on me, which JJ had agreed with him.

JJ didn't even start a fight with him. He agreed because he wanted what was best for me, but also because he didn't want to put me through the stress of worrying about him. The hospital had released me the next morning after keeping me overnight. I had sat in the back seat with Kodi, watching her every move almost like a hawk had watched everything around them. Kodi had wrapped her small hand around my finger. She had become my pride and joy, just being around her for less than 24-hours had brought so much joy to me. I loved her more than anything in the world. We sat in silence as I was still disappointed in him for lying, I just watched Kodi while he had driven slowly to the home that we shared with another. He kept his eyes on the road and avoided mentioning anything about my friends, only because he didn't want to get me worked up no longer. "What do you want for dinner?" He asked with a soft tone in his voice and glanced up into the rear view mirror to look at me.