𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐧𝐞𝐰

"Fearing not growing up

"Fearing not growing up. Keeping me up at night. Am I doing enough? Feel like I'm wasting time. Promise to get a little better as I get older.
And you're so patient. And sick of waiting.
Promising to do better."

August 6th, 2021.
Charleston, South Carolina.

𓇼 𓇼 𓇼 𓇼 𓇼

The sun rose above the house in elegance, peering through the curtains of the living room that sat with silence in the early morning. Tiredness flooded underneath my green eyes. Anxiety rushed through my bloodstream in pure terror as I thought of my friends being missing for almost two days. Despite the police having an idea of where they were located, I looked the issue up on the internet. My eyes read the lines "Teens disappear in a plane that belonged to the infamous Ward Cameron." The beating of my heart caused a small panic in my chest thinking about where they could have been in the entire world. I narrowed my eyebrows as I kept my eyes on the article, reading statements that came from Officer Shoupe who had hunted them down after they came in contact with unknown sources that weren't able to be named. I knew that this had to do with the Royal Merchant that they had been searching for.

Knowing that Rafe knew many things regarding the Royal Merchant Ship because his father was infatuated with the ideal of the gold entirely. A lump of anxiety sat in the back of my throat. I turned my phone off and threw it onto the small throw blanket that laid across the comfortable couch. My bare feet shuffled on top of the wooden boards that creaked in the silent house. Rafe laid in a deep sleep on the bed that we had been sharing. Being dressed for the day, I snuck into the room quietly to grab ahold of the shoes that I wanted. My hair sat in a long braid along my back, my body covered in warm clothing due to the weather dropping while we were in Charleston. Something in me wanted to believe that my friends going missing was a mistake. It was unbelievable. Unbelievable that JJ would want to take off from a home that loved him, unless he wanted to because he knew I wasn't in love with him. I knew I had broken his heart. It had pained me but I was happy with Rafe in the long run. Small pieces of hair fell onto my cheeks while I shuffled out of the bedroom. I shut the door behind me to avoid Rafe waking up to me not being in the house.

My hands dangled the Birkenstock clogs in my hands. The gray crewneck covered my body while my hips snuggled with the jeans that sat on top of my skin. I sat the shoes down on the wooden floor, slipping my feet inside of them. Sniffling from the allergies that hit me after being in the country for a couple of days. I bent down near the couch, picking up my phone and sliding it into my back pocket. My body went towards the backyard door that would settle the anxiety that rushed throughout my body. I couldn't take my mind away from my best friends that I had grown up with — What was so important about the royal merchant that they had to do stupid things? It boggles my mind knowing that they were capable of making the dumb decisions that they promised me they wouldn't make anymore after JJ was shot and almost killed. It made me angry to know that something could happen to all of them, or even worse; Killed over a foolish ship that didn't hold any meaning to them except for the fact that they wanted money, John B wanted to live through his father's legacy that he left behind but I knew that Big John would want him to be smart and safe.