𝐌𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐝

"Push away all the people who know me the best

"Push away all the people who know me the best. But it's me who's been makin' the bed."

August 9th, 2021.
Charleston, South Carolina

𓇼 𓇼 𓇼 𓇼 𓇼

Standing in the downpour of the morning rain beside the luxurious car that Rafe had driven here. Three days after the events that had taken place, leaving Rafe to feel a sense of discomfort when he had come into contact with his father. There was no indication that my friends had been found, and were filed as missing people in OuterBanks. Going to eat breakfast at a local restaurant that Rafe used to eat at when he was much younger and would go into Charleston for family vacations. Depression sunk into my body knowing that my friends weren't found, I got into the luxurious car and sat with silence. Rafe sat in the car beside me, his hand had sat on my knee cap out of comfort while he had started to drive. He stared at the road as he had driven towards the town that sat closest to the home we were staying in. The night that Ward had come back into our lives was the same night that nothing felt the same.

Rafe was healing after the "passing" of his father and became a man that was simply nurturing yet, the best boyfriend and future father that he could be. He was loving. Gentle. Caring. Charismatic. He still was all of those things and above but over the past couple of days, his drinking started up again almost as if he couldn't control himself which brought an unnecessary anxiety through my body which I knew was poisonous to me and the small baby that was growing inside of me. The scent of alcohol made me think of the nights that I spent with my friends being completely obliterated; but the same night that I had lost my virginity and ended up in the spot that I am in during this series of my life. Rafe ran his finger tips over my thigh that was covered with a soft pair of leggings, the rest of my torso was drowned in an over side quarter zip that had belonged to Rafe. Light music played with the trickle of the rain that fell against the window of the car. The windshield wiper constantly moved to remove the excess water in order for us to see the road in front of us.

Suddenly, my life felt like a horror movie.

I didn't know how my life would end.

Rafe was picking up his old drinking habits because of his father putting an immense amount of stress on him which he unknowingly didn't want to deal with the emotions that sat on his shoulders; drinking himself away. My friends were missing on a plane that couldn't be tracked. I didn't know if they were dead or not; my father contacted me almost everyday to update me that he would do all that he could to get as much information out of the police officers as he could. Just to bring a sense of comfort to me despite nothing could be done to make me feel more relieved. Rafe wanted to do all that he could to make me comfortable, but I felt like I needed to escape to live the best life that I could possibly live. I couldn't escape OuterBanks no matter how hard I wanted to, mad at myself for even suggesting leaving the state in a whole. I knew that no matter what, everything would slowly pull me back.