𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐦𝐲 𝐰𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐬

July 8th, 2021

July 8th, 2021.
OuterBanks, North Carolina.

𓇼 𓇼 𓇼 𓇼 𓇼

The warm breeze of the wind blew throughout the Twinkie while we sat talking about how we would spend the rest of the summer together. Sarah pointed out towards the window while we had headed in the direction that the woman gave us. The area seemed sketchy, which made me become more nervous in the moment. However, JJ had a gun loaded on his hip to protect us even though it wasn't his gun — he stole it.

He dangled it around in the car which made Kiara yell at him in annoyance of how he was so careless. John B stared into the rear view mirror multiple times, noticing a sketchy car had been following us for a couple of miles but he hadn't thought anything of it until he noticed the car became more aggressive in driving. The noise of a shotgun had hit through the side view mirror that made my soul leave my body in pure anxiety. "What the fuck is going on." Pope yelled in anxiousness before John B had pulled over in hopes that the car would pass them, instead, the car pulled beside the Twinkie. A man covered his face with a black ski mask as he got out of the car and held the shot gun up towards the driver side of the vehicle, directly in John B's face. Tears had formed in the corner of my eye in the thought that this could be the last time I would see any of them if something went south. The only thing that separated John B from the shotgun was the glass of the car. Sweat formed against the back of my neck as John B stayed paralyzed. The guy had pulled the door open and yelled at John B and Sarah to get out of the car. John B and Sarah had excited the car, listening to the man as he forced them down on the ground against the leaves that had fallen from the hot summer sun. JJ held his fingers up to his mouth in a shush position as he hid the gold in an area of the car, hiding it in order for the man not to be able to find it. Kiara and I stared at another in pure fear while Pope and JJ tried to stay calm in the moment.

The back door of the Twinkie slid open to reveal the male that had gunned our best friends down to the floor. "Get the fuck out now!" The guy yelled at us as Pope had been the first one to get out. Pope held his hands up, Kiara followed after him as JJ had stared at me to make sure that I would follow the directions that the man gave us. "Where's the gold." The man asked as he hit me with the back of his gun. I held my hands above my head and looked down at my friends, scared for the life of me. JJ laid down on the ground and shook his head at me while tears started to form in my eyes. Sarah and Kiara started to form tears that I had never seen before with their eyes watching the man behind me. He held the gun to the back of my head. "One of you guys tell me or she gets shot." The man said aggressively and grabbed the back of my arm with his grip. "Please don't do this to me." I started crying and looked at my friends in hopes that one of them would do something. "Tell me you bitch." He spoke as he grabbed my face, pushing his thumbs into my cheeks and jawline. His grip against my face had grown tighter while he looked at me with anger forming in his eyes. "Please." I told him and looked in his brown eyes that seemed familiar but I was unsure in the moment. Fear overtook my body while my friends watched him grab my face with aggression. He shook his head and pushed my face away. "Get your ass on the ground." He replied and grabbed my arm again with his tight grip, shoving me down to the ground beside JJ. Tears ran down my cheeks as I had hoped for some type of miracle to come out.