𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧

"In the end, I'm gonna be alright

But it might take a hundred sleepless nights,
To make the memories of you disappear."

December 14th, 2021.
OuterBanks, North Carolina.

𓇼 𓇼 𓇼 𓇼 𓇼

Holidays had passed by without any mention of the friend group that was missing. Sadness flooded my mind knowing that they were more than likely dead, or in a long-term hiding which I wouldn't ever understand what the meaning behind it was. My parents were distraught about the loss of children that were like their own. Kiara's parents sought counseling for comfort, knowing that their daughter and only daughter, was either passed or hidden in a different country. My parents tried to comfort her parents alongside Rose, and Pope's parents even though nothing could fill the hole that wounded their own hearts because of their beloved children.

The void was filled for the most part. Rafe was still catering to me and the small baby that started to get much bigger, now that I was about five months pregnant. The gender reveal would be a small celebration with my parents and family, alongside the family that belonged to Rafe in South Carolina. The young women I coached for Volleyball were persistent that I had the celebration, offering to cater to me and wanted to throw the party. I didn't turn down the offer knowing that I could use some of the excitement in my life. I had been devastated for the months that my friends had been missing, so it was nice to find a time where I could be happy for a couple of hours. I wasn't completely depressed, just more anxious knowing that they weren't here. Rafe would comfort me over the same things constantly. Allowing me to rest my head on his chest, running his fingers through my hair and his other hand rubbing up and down on my back. He would whisper sweet nothings into my ear that made me feel somewhat good in the moment.

He was just someone that I didn't ever know I could ever have or deserve. He took his change seriously and wanted to be the best that he could for me, which was for the best. As much as he missed his little sister, he was hopeful that she would be found alive and healthy. That was all that he really cared about. He understood the sadness that flooded my heart and mind. He stayed calm and relaxed to calm my own nerves and anxieties. I appreciated him for loving me the amount that he did. He never once left my side from the time that we started dating, up until now. He was the best significant other I could have ever had and would later become the best father to a sweet baby. He was so tender and sweet. He would rub the five month pregnant stomach that grew his sweet baby. After my baths and showers, he would rub a small amount of lotion against my stomach to prevent the stretching and swelling of the skin, but mostly because he wanted to just touch the baby that was growing inside of me. It made him happy knowing that he could do small things for me that would be appreciated by me.

He declared one late night that I was the love of his life. He couldn't see his life without me. That night felt like a blur between us, understanding that he was truthfully in love with me as much as I had been with him. The months passed without the thought of being in love with JJ. I hadn't thought of him as anything but a friend, which I knew would break his heart if he knew about that but it was fair game. It's whatever my heart wanted. My heart wanted the father of my child, but also the man that wanted me for me. Not for anything materialistic or even just to have a girlfriend. Rafe talked about marriage. I knew JJ didn't and wouldn't want to be committed to anyone even if he stated that he did once he was older — it just wasn't for me.