𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞, 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞

"I didn't have it in myself to go with grace

And so the battleships will sink beneath the waves"

October 15th, 2021
OuterBanks, North Carolina.

𓇼 𓇼 𓇼 𓇼 𓇼

The oceanic breeze blew through the curly hair that laid against my back. Pulling my legs into my chest, fall had approached OuterBanks which left me in an odd depression that I didn't know how to escape. Months had passed since my friends had gone missing, knowing that I would have to mourn them at some point. Seagulls flew above my head, crowing at the sky while they flew towards the blue skies that were bright for an October day. Dark blue waves rushed against the shoreline, pulling back out into the ocean. Small seashells laid in the dark sand that was coated with the salty water. The blue colored sweatshirt I had worn was accompanied by bits of crunchy sand. My thighs were covered in thick sweatpants while my feet laid in the cold sand. I stared at the surroundings after a long day of coaching girls Volleyball, leading them to the finale of their season. As stressful as it was, I was respected by all of the women that played for my team. It took over my mind besides my relationship with my boyfriend.

The females that played an incredible game of Volleyball were some of the biggest blessings to me, mentally knowing that even though my friends were gone, they were my friends in full. They had enough respect to keep me as a coach, but liked me enough to be my friend and ask me to go do things with him after practice or even on the weekends. They all had been excited knowing that I was pregnant once I started showing more, now that I was two months pregnant. Being two months pregnant, my small body started to grow with the baby. Rafe became more excited as he saw the growth. After a long day of him working for my father, he would lay beside me in his king size bed and rub around the small bump. Often laying his head on my stomach to hear my heart keep his sweet baby alive. My eyes focused on the waves that were created within the ocean. The scent of salt water filled my nostrils before I stood up from the sand. My feet were covered in wet sand as I started to walk across the sand. Seashells sat upright in the sand while I walked past tidepools that I once loved in my young childhood.

Rafe had been at home, cooking dinner for the both of us. For most of the time, I was staying with Rafe and a couple of days during the week I would stay with my parents. It was a struggle to be pregnant and have a boyfriend, job, schooling, and parents to deal with through this season of my life. I felt like I was in a movie knowing that my life was changing all at once. I dreamt of my friends being found just in time to see the baby once born. The scent of JJ lingered through my room still. Sometimes I would head towards his room late at night when I'm at my parents house, looking at all the things he had. Making me miss him and my friends more than anything in the world. It felt like my world crumbled beneath my feet. I believed wholeheartedly that my friends were out there somewhere in the world and that they would come back to be with me. I would catch myself tearing up or crying late in the night when I would lay down beside Rafe or by myself.