𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐫𝐬

July 8th, 2021

July 8th, 2021.
OuterBanks, North Carolina.

𓇼 𓇼 𓇼 𓇼 𓇼

My head ached from the alcohol that I had drank from last night. I pushed myself up from the soft bed and looked around, noticing that Rafe was still asleep. I smiled to myself despite the slight sickness that formed in my body — thinking about how lucky I had became to end up with him. Kicking my bare legs over onto the floor as I stood up onto the wooden floor, being quite enough to walk towards the bathroom that I had showered in last night. The feeling of throwing up erupted in my throat as I pulled my curly hair back for myself, sitting beside the toilet as I threw up the alcohol from last night. Heavy amounts of the alcohol poured out of me that was excessive than I ever had before. Tears formed out of my eyes from the hatred of feeling sick, wishing that I didn't give into the anger from JJ dancing with someone that I didn't even know.

I rocked myself as I wiped the side of my mouth with the back of my hand in embarrassment. The creaking of the wooden boards filled the hallway as Rafe had came into the bathroom, staring at me as I sat on the floor. His eyes formed genuine love while he walked towards me. "Are you okay?" He asked as he squatted down and held the back of my head with his large hand. He had trailed his hand from my head onto my back, in hopes to comfort me from throwing up. I nodded my head at him and looked at him with tears in my eyes. "I'm okay." I told him as he lifted his other hand up to my face, wiping the small tear away from my face. He kissed my forehead. "The alcohol got to you didn't it?" He asked as he had rubbed his hand in circles against my back.

I nodded at him and looked into his blue orbs that were filled with generosity. "I'll go make you something to help you out." He spoke and stood up from the ground, rubbing his tired eyes as he headed out of the bathroom. His muscular back had flexed while he headed out of the bathroom and into the kitchen. I rested my head against my knees and thought about the night that happened between Rafe and I. Although, I had sobered up towards the end of it — I was unsure all that I had done. I hoped that I didn't embarrass myself or say anything that shouldn't have been said. I was more nervous that we could have made a mistake that we shouldn't have made. I stood up from the floor and flushed the toilet that held the immense amount of throw up. I looked at myself in the mirror in disgust with myself, even though I didn't regret sleeping with Rafe or being with him. I regretted the amount of alcohol I drank to not remember what we did — although he did.

I headed out of the bathroom to see Rafe putting pieces of toast into the toaster. He had placed two pieces of sourdough bread into the toaster and turned around to the fridge that held a bunch of drinks inside of it. "I'm sorry you don't feel so good." He spoke as he felt my presence, grabbing a Gatorade out of the fridge and handing it to me. I smiled at him and nodded. "It's okay, it was my fault for getting drunk." I told him and sat down on the small lounge chair that was beside the kitchen. He shook his head. "What are your plans today?" He asked as he ran his hand through his messy hair. I glanced around at the luxury condo that we had stayed overnight in. "I have to meet back up with my friends." I mentioned to him as he narrowed his eyebrows at me in confusion. "I thought you were upset with JJ?" He questioned as the toaster popped up the sourdough bread.