𝐰𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭

"and the story of us looks a lot like a tragedy now

a lot like a tragedy now."

August 1st, 2021.
OuterBanks, North Carolina.

𓇼 𓇼 𓇼 𓇼 𓇼

The midday sunshine peered through the windows of the Tacoma truck. Guiding the car down the road that led to the large hospital that would take care of many people throughout the week, including the young blonde male that sat beside me. JJ sat his slinged arm against his chest to avoid the feeling of being uncomfortable while sitting. Awkward silence surrounded us. My mind had taken over me as I was driving down the long and busy road. My heart had broken in a form of frustration and sadness from my boyfriend accusing me of having feelings for JJ after I admitted that I loved him only. The first boyfriend I ever had slowly started to be ruined by my best friend that wanted me. Rafe had said the accusations towards me out of frustration knowing that a pogue had been in love with his girlfriend who was considered a "Pook". He tried his hardest to get along with my friends that he used to attack for fun with his friends. He started to finally like the pogue group that was in my daily life, until he found out that JJ had professed his love towards me.

Rafe tried to control his anger. He had become a different person after being with me, able to control his impulses and emotions. He was able to become the best self that he had ever been and I was fearful that it would crumble into pieces if he got his hands on JJ. Unless he could control the impulses because he knew that it would hurt me if he touched or harmed JJ in any way. Pulling up to the front of the hospital, I parked beside the sidewalk and stared at JJ to get out of the Tacoma. "Call me when you're done so I can come pick you up." I told him and tucked strands of hair behind my ears. He narrowed his eyebrows. "Can you come with me?" He asked me with his eyebrows furrowing against his forehead. Sighing slightly at the annoyance he had caused me, I nodded my head and took the keys out of the car. "Big ass baby." I mumbled under my breath as I pushed the driver's side door open. He turned to me with his eyes widening in the bright sunshine. He opened the passenger side door and jumped out of the tall truck. "I heard that." He commented and shook his head towards me.

Walking beside him, I locked the car with the keys. "You're just mad because you got into a fight with your baby daddy." He mentioned as he pushed his hat up on his head. Turning to him, I smacked the side of his arm and bit the inside of my mouth to try to keep me from saying something rude. He shook his arm that I smacked lightly and pulled his arm away from me. "Yeah because of you." I told him in annoyance. I opened the door for him that led into the cold hospital that we waited in while he was in surgery the night he was shot. "Why me?" He asked and shook his head again. Rolling my eyes, I let him go in front of me to check in with the nurse. I separated behind him and sat myself down in the chair that I sat in the night of him being shot. He had gone to the front desk, checking himself in with the nurse that sat there as a receptionist. Staring down at my phone to see that Rafe had texted me alongside Kiara that was unaware of me being pregnant.