𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬

July 10th, 2021

July 10th, 2021.
OuterBanks, North Carolina.

𓇼 𓇼 𓇼 𓇼 𓇼

Music by Jack Johnson played throughout the bedroom as Sarah and I stood beside another, putting makeup on in the large bathroom mirror. Kiara stood on the other side of Sarah, brushing her hair up into a bun using a thick brush to get rid of any frizziness. I brushed my eyelashes upwards after I curled them. I sat the mascara back down into the makeup bag once I was finished with it. "Do you have a curling iron?" I asked Sarah and turned to her with the full face of makeup that I worn on special occasions. She nodded her head while brushing a large brush against her cheek to blend in her blush she put on. "Go down the hall to the bathroom, and it should be on the counter." She spoke as she kept brushing the brush in an upward motion to get the pink blush blended into her tan skin. I nodded my head, stepping out of the bathroom and down into the hallway from Sarah's bedroom. My feet stepped against the wooden floorboards as I headed into the guest bathroom at the end of hallway. Bedrooms lined the hallway, the white doors shut and hidden from the rest of the house. I pushed the guest bathroom door open to see the curling iron sitting on the counter top. My fingers grasped against the curling iron, turning around with the iron in my hand. The noise of a door creaked open as I walked down back the hallway towards Sarah's room. I hurried into Sarah's room to avoid any issues from walking around a house that wasn't mine.

Stepping back into Sarah's room, I headed back into her bathroom. She scooted herself over while Kiara sat on the bed with her head buried into her phone. I plugged in the curling iron, allowing it to heat up before I would use it on my hair. My hand reached for her brush and brushed through the long wavy hair against my back. "Kie, want to curl my hair?" I leaned out of the bathroom and looked at her. She lifted her brown eyes away from her phone with a smile against her face. "Sure!" She said and threw her phone off to the side, getting up from the bed where she walked into the bathroom. She stood behind me, hovering over my small body while she parted my hair within sections. She lifted the iron up to my hair, wrapping a thick strand around it while she stared at me in the mirror. She counted to twenty before she let the curl fall off of the iron. She kept repeating the same pattern over and over again on the first layer before she separated the last layer in half. Throughout the sections, she would spray some hair spray that was gentle on my hair.

Kiara was one of the bestest friends I was ever able to have in life. She was caring, hardheaded, stubborn when it came to things that she didn't agree with but she meant the world to me. In elementary school, we promised one another that whenever we get married — we'll be each others maid of honor. As well as when we decided to have children, we would be the god parents of each others children. I couldn't see my life without Kiara in it even though we had huge disagreements but we would always come back to another at the end. Nothing could ever separate us for long. We would have sleep overs every Friday after school. Dancing around in my old bed room with another and talking about JJ due to him being at my house almost every other day to bond with my father. The only issue that had separated Kiara and I was that I was a year ahead of her and the rest of our friends. It was hard because we sometimes couldn't find another at school due to classes being separated from different grades but we would always end up with another at the end of the day. I wouldn't ever let my friendship with Kiara end, it would be too painful.