𝐖𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲

"You threw your arms around my neck

Back when I deserved it.
And we were happy."

August 7th, 2021.
Charleston, South Carolina.

𓇼 𓇼 𓇼 𓇼 𓇼

Silence flooded through the home, staring at the lettered italic font in the Twilight book that I brought with me inside my black suitcase. Rain trickled down the windows. Lighting struck the gray sky in a huge bolt that widened my eyes and made my heart rush in anticipation for the next one. Sinking into the cream colored cushions of the warm couch while a blue quilted blanket laid on my covered body. Rafe had headed into town with his uncle for a couple of drinks to satisfy the stress that formed on his shoulders now that his little sister was missing in another country ; what the police said was an unknown location but he knew where she would have wanted to go if it was related to the Royal Merchant. My eyes read along the lines of the cream colored pages, following from left to right and daydreaming of what it was like to be Bella living in Forks, Washington. The weather outside was simply beautiful and set the scene for the book that sat in my hands. Immersed the book that was made for daydreamers and hopeless romantics like me.

Flipping through the pages of New Moon within minutes of reading. I realized deep within that my relationships were similar to what Bella had been in. The small predicament that Bella Swan was experiencing with the handsome vampire Edward, and the werewolf Jacob that dated Taylor Swift in real life. The predicament that I was in was between the Kook King, Rafe Cameron and my best friend since third grade, JJ MayBank. It was an unfair comparison to make to the book knowing the ending was Bella ending up with Edward ; but I was unsure of what my ending would be. Parts of me wanted to be in JJ's arms at the end of the day knowing that he was alright. However, the other part of me was desperately in love with Rafe more than I could ever imagine. He was different from JJ in multiple ways. Rafe always had a way of sensing a humor around me, he wasn't afraid to make a joke about something. JJ made jokes around only our friends but quite didn't like making jokes around me in fear that I wouldn't understand. It made me feel stupid in certain aspects knowing that he didn't think I knew enough to laugh at the jokes he made.

On the other hand, Rafe was gentle, polite, loving, sympathetic to my needs, and overall was in love with me as a person. He loved my personality and loved being around me. He cherished his moments with me like it was his last moments on the Earth. JJ was caring, optimistic, smart ass, supportive, and did his best to express how he felt. He was a manipulative person when it came to wanting to get his way but it was in the best interests. He didn't mean to be malicious or to hurt me ; most of the time he didn't know he was hurting me. When I thought of JJ, I believed that he had a piece of me that I would never get back no matter what would happen to us in the future. I hoped that he would see our differences through and continue our friendship despite Rafe taking a dislike to him even though it was the same towards him. I yawned in tiredness before I closed my book after putting the small bookmark, I created by crocheting pieces of blue yarn together, into the flap of the book. Rain trickled down the roof of the house after hitting it with force. Thunder and lighting kept striking in the cloudy and unwelcoming skies.