𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐧 𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐲

"But I'm in the trees, I'm in the breeze

My footsteps on the ground. You'll see my face in every place... but you
can't catch me now."

December 20th, 2021.
OuterBanks, North Carolina.

𓇼 𓇼 𓇼 𓇼 𓇼

The day of the baby shower was fulfilled with mixed feelings that were unable to be controlled. Sun shone down on the front yard of the Cameron Estate that sat directly beside my parent's home, covered with beautiful bouquets and little decorations that Ada had bought to give me a good baby shower that she insisted I needed. My back sat in the warm sun as Mae braided small braids in my hair that she fanned out, putting tiny daisies all through my hair. Caroline mingled with guests that started to arrive meanwhile Rafe was inside his old house, admiring his fathers' relics that hadn't been touched since he was presumed dead until the day we had been face to face with a dead man. Rafe had invited some of his fathers' family out from South Carolina, including his grandmother and aunt that favored me in the sweetest manner. My body was covered in a white strapless dress that had made me feel comfortable in my own skin.

Rafe's grandmother came outside to find me as she held presents within her hands. She sat the presents onto the present table, wobbling her younger self over towards me with a large smile on her face just in time as Mae finished my hair. I had flashed a gentle smile at Mae. "Thank you, sweet girl." I told Mae. She nodded her head and started to clean up the area as I stood up from where I had been seated for a while. Rafe's grandmother looked at me with excitement brightening up her blue eyes that matched with the rest of the Cameron family. I took my hand out to grasp her hand inside of mine, placing another hand on top of her fragile hand. "How are you, Margaret?" I asked her with a tender voice as she stared at me with a widened look almost like she was overly thrilled to see me. "I am just lovely today. It is such an honor to see you again and to know I have a great grandchild already." She explained as she held onto my hand that wore the family relic she gifted to me when I was in South Carolina.

I placed my other hand against my heart. "Thank you so much for coming. I love seeing you in town." I told her as I kept holding onto her hand with a heart full of love. She nodded her head at me while she stared at my face almost like she was admiring me. She had been wearing a beautiful floral dress on her petite body. Her blonde hair was straightened against her shoulders since she had kept her hair shorter due to her age. She was in her mid-sixties with a sweet soul. She was so beautiful just like her daughter, and granddaughters. Margaret was a person that was much different than her son, as her husband, John, was more on the rough side. John was the typical manly man that everyone wanted to be. He was a businessman. He was strong headed, incredibly smart, and overall a good person. He didn't shed tears but could talk about things that were emotional. As his grandmother took her hand away from me, Rafe came up behind me with excitement that his grandmother was here. She smiled at him with a sincere look as her tan skin shined underneath the sunlight. "Oh my handsome grandson!" She spoke as she grabbed his face with her tender hands that were full of gentleness.