𝐮𝐧𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐫

July 12th, 2021OuterBanks, North Carolina

July 12th, 2021
OuterBanks, North Carolina.

𓇼 𓇼 𓇼 𓇼 𓇼

The sun shined down onto our backs while we walked into the hospital. Rafe held my waist in a loving mannerism, showing others that we were together. We followed behind Sarah as she had checked us into the hospital with the receptionist. The receptionist printed out stickers that had our names on them in order for the nurse to keep track of who was coming in and out of JJ's hospital room. I placed the sticker on my shirt, following Sarah to the room that JJ was accompanied in with our friends alongside my parents. The sounds of the hospital machines surrounded our footsteps as we made our way towards his room. Nurses surrounded the hallways while they had taken care of the patients that were placed into different rooms. Rafe glanced down at me with love forming in his blue eyes everytime that he looked down at me. His fingertips rubbed against my hips when he gripped downwards on it. I often found myself to be weakened by his presence, more so with touches.

Sarah opened JJ's door to see our friends surrounding him. My father smiled at the sight of us showing up. John B sat at the edge of JJ's bed with his hands in his lap. Kiara and my mother sat in chairs beside another on the opposite side of the wall meanwhile Pope stood in the corner with his arms crossed over his chest. Sarah smiled at the sight of her boyfriend alongside JJ. "You look so bright." Sarah told JJ while making her way over to John B with her arms open. JJ smiled at her and nodded his head at her. His arm had been placed into a sling to hold up his shoulder, avoiding putting any pressure on it. His arm was wrapped in gauze to keep the sutures cleaned since they were holding together the skin from where the bullet had landed. Rafe unlatched his hand away from my waist to allow me to see JJ and my parents that stayed overnight to watch JJ. "How you feeling?" I asked JJ with sadness forming in my eyes just looking at him hooked up to devices that he should have never had to use. He nodded his head at me with brightness alongside his tan face. "I'm actually pretty good. They gave me drugs to take away the soreness but I can go home today." JJ responded.

I smiled at him while he spoke about how he was feeling. Rafe leaned himself up against the wall with his arms crossing over his chest. "You look good, Bro." Rafe mentioned it to JJ. JJ nodded his head and smiled at him in response. "Thanks man." JJ responded to him once again before running his open arm throughout his blonde hair. I sat down beside JJ on his bed, closet to him. I gave him a small hug that was on his opposite shoulder to make him feel loved. "Once I get home, I'll bake you those cookies that you wanted." I told him and laid my hand beside my thigh. He nodded his head. My father walked over towards me with tired eyes. He kneeled down beside JJ and I. JJ glanced down at my father and smiled at him because my father was the only one that he had in his life to be a father. "I'm going to cover JJ's shifts at work and mom will take on mine. I'm letting Kaia stay at grandpa's house for the rest of this week." My father explained while he laid his hands in his own lap. His green eyes gleamed into mine that had been a recreation. I nodded my head at him. "So that means I need you at home to take care of JJ." He explained again while looking up towards JJ who had a smile on his face despite his pain that he faced in his shoulder. I nodded my head again.