𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠

July 11th, 2021

July 11th, 2021.
OuterBanks, North Carolina.

𓇼 𓇼 𓇼 𓇼 𓇼

Rafe held the pregnancy tests inside the palms of his hands. His jaw locked as he stared down at them in disbelief. "You've got to be fucking kidding me." He spoke with his eyes glancing up at me. I nodded and bit the bottom of my lip in pure nervousness. He shook his head,"Get rid of it." He spoke again as he stood up from the bench press and handed me the tests. "Get rid of it, I mean it." He said with anger forming in his voice that made me wince in fear. I shook my head at him and looked up at the tall boy that was towering over my petite body. "I'm keeping it." I told him and backed away from him due to him being upset. Rafe ran his hand over his face to get rid of the sweat that formed on his forehead.

"Isla, you can't keep that child." He said with his blue eyes that seemed unfamiliar to me. I shook my head at him. "I can't do that. I wouldn't be able to live with myself." I told him and looked back up to the tall male that had anger rushing throughout him. His hand grasped onto my arm that was still deeply bruised from the drug dealer that attacked my friend group. His eyes formed a darkness that I had never seen before that made my anxiety rush throughout my blood stream. "I don't see why we need a child right now. You're eighteen and I'm fucked up." He spoke and stared down at me with his eyebrows furrowing. His fingers clasped around my small arms that were fragile enough to break if put force. "You want us to raise a child? A eighteen year old that isn't mature enough to have a baby, and a twenty one year old that is a drug addict. Because that's a great life style to have your kid in!" He spoke with anger forming in his voice as tears started to form in the corners of my eyes. I shook my head.

Rafe looked into my eyes while letting go of his grip away from my bruised arm. "I'm sorry." He told me as he rubbed the spot that was bruised. I shook my head again as tears ran down my cheeks. "If you want to have the child, I'll be the best dad that I can be." He spoke as his eyes had went back to the familiar Rafe that I had known. I never saw his angered side, especially when he turned into someone that I didn't know during that moment. "I get that you're scared but I am too." I told him and tucked the damp curly hair behind my ears. Rafe nodded his head at me as he played with his hands in a form of anxiety. "I'll be the best that I can be to you and our child." He said with gentleness as he kissed the top of my head. "I'm sorry I freaked out and told you to get rid of the child. I'm sorry." He spoke once again.

He wrapped his arms around me. His body had pressed against mine in a gentleness that caused me to feel at peace in the moment. "It'll all be okay. We can go look at homes on Monday so that we can all be together as a family." He said and kissed the top of my forehead once again that made me feel comfort. Looking up at him, his thumb wiped away a tear that fell against my cheek. "It's okay." I told him and looked around at the surroundings that were around his home while the gift stayed in my hand. "Looking for a home right now seems to much. All of this is too much." I mentioned once again and stared at him with uncertainty against my face. He shook his head. His hair blew throughout the warm salty breeze that formed around us. "Baby, you're having my child. I think it's best." He spoke and held onto me with gentleness in his touch.