𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐈 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝

July 7th, 2021

July 7th, 2021.
OuterBanks, North Carolina.

𓇼 𓇼 𓇼 𓇼 𓇼

The hot summer sun peered down against my tan skin as I had been in the backyard. The light had formed my tan lines alongside the blue suit that I had been wearing against my chest and bottom. I slid a pair of shorts up my legs, dangling my legs over the deck that was waiting to be used.

I leaned my hands against the wooden boards as the breeze blew through the wind. Goosebumps formed on my thighs while I sat there waiting for the day to carry on. Smiles formed on my face as I had thought about last night. The kisses that I had shared with Rafe alongside the sweet talks that he had mentioned towards me. Becoming his girl had made me more comfortable and giddy than normal. I smiled to myself while looking out into the water below, seeing the small fish swim against the current of the water. I had woken up in the early morning and headed down onto the beach to watch the sunrise over the cold ocean. I had taken my yellow surf board that had been covered in small stickers from brands that I saw at local surf shops on the shopping exhibits in town. I paddled out into the water and sat on my board, waiting for a wave to pass but instead I had watched mammals swim underneath the board. After ten minutes of watching a pod of the local dolphins that had been around, I finally had picked up the waves that had taken all stress out of my body as I focused on riding the waves.

After an hour of surfing, I forced myself to come back into the shore to head home for breakfast. I sat out in the sun and ate the food that my mom had woken up early to prepare for. My father had taken off to work an hour before I came to sit out on the dock and watch the life before me, killing time with my thoughts and boredom. My mother and Kaia had gone into town to pick up errands that were much needed for the home. Knowing my mother, she probably had gone to the shopping exhibits to buy more clothing items that none of us had needed. Indie and Jack had been at their daycare training center that my mom dropped them off at once in a while when she had too much on her plate. I had texted Rafe much earlier in the morning, however his motorcycle had disappeared once I came back from my trip to the beach for a surf session. I didn't want to overstep my boundaries with him as a girlfriend, I was just wishful that he could make appropriate decisions in life without me having to be beside him.

I hadn't heard from my friends for the past day, except for JJ, who I had hung out with after Rafe had dropped me off at home after our date. He had waited for me to make sure that everything had been sorted out perfectly and that I was taken care of during the date. I tapped my fingers against the boards of the dock, kicking my feet on the surface of the water while my converse and large shirt sat beside me. "Care if I join you?" A familiar voice had called out behind me while I had stared down at my feet that brushed against the water. Turning around in confusion, hoping that it was Rafe — it had been JJ, standing with his hands in his pockets of his shorts while he had worn his red hat backwards. A smile formed against my face at my best friend who had only wanted the best for me. I nodded my head at him and tapped against the board in a welcoming motion. "Come sit." I told him with a large smile.