𝐛𝐨𝐲𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬

July 10th, 2021

July 10th, 2021.
OuterBanks, North Carolina.

𓇼 𓇼 𓇼 𓇼 𓇼

Waves rushed against my thighs as my feet had dangled in the cold North Carolina water. The beach had been to myself while the sun started to rise above the horizon, peering down on me while I sat on the board. Relaxing my body and tried to feel like one with the ocean beneath me. My hair crusted with sea salt from waves crashing against my petite body much earlier. Seagulls squawked and hissed at another before crashing into the ocean to find fresh food to eat for their first meal of the day. My feet began to prune from the salt water soaking into my skin but it brought more strength when I rode the waves.

The darkened bruise formed against my arm and face from the mysterious man two days ago that had attacked my friends and I.  The anxiety ran out of my body once I spent a full day at home with Rafe beside me. The night of the day that the man had attacked us, Sarah and Kiara had shown up to check up on me after Rafe went back to his house after I notified him that Sarah was coming to see me. Kiara and Sarah spent the night with me to make me feel more at ease, but nonetheless feel comfortable in my new home. It made me feel more relaxed to be around the two girls that made me happy. My best friends. Sarah had braided my hair while Kiara and I shared a pint of brownie ice cream with another with our eyes focused on an old ninety's movie that starred Paul Walker in it. Sarah and I gushed over how cute he was, which he had reminded me of her own brother. Charming, gentle, sweet, and an asshole when he needed to be. It guilted me to be around Sarah without telling her about her brother and I. It guilted me to be sneaking around and being secretive to my friends and her in general. It pained me because I wanted my friends to know all the aspects of my life.

However, an hour before Kiara and Sarah had shown up — Rafe ate dinner with my family for the first time. He and my father drank a small glass of scotch with another, discussing their lives as businessmen until Rafe asked for my father's blessing in having me as his. My father had not only felt honored but felt happy that he came to him, wanting his approval for his own daughter to date a young gentleman. My father was giddy in that moment to finally pass over his baby girl to someone and know that she would be taken care of while dating. They discussed the issues that Rafe had gone through with his own father which made my father feel hopeless, but that didn't stop my father from wanting to help him out whenever Rafe needed which made him feel useful.

The next day had came around when Rafe had picked me up to go shopping for our midsummer outfit that fit with the theme — Flower themed. An odd theme for my first midsummer, but I had know what would fit beautifully with the theme. I had picked out a beautiful and elegant blue asymmetrical ruffle maxi dress that fit my curves in the directions that I had wanted it to fit. I had tried on multiple dresses in a fancy shop that was located on the upper side of our town. Where most Kook's had shopped for their attire when it came to business or formal occasions. I twirled around in multiple dresses for Rafe, allowing him to rate the dress before he saw the blue dress on me. His eyes had widened when the blue dress was on, cupping me in the right areas but also was elegant and beautifully made. The back of the dress was cut out down to the lower spine as it looked risqué but elegantly done. He had chosen a suit to match the same blue color. He looked handsome when he had tried on the outfit to match my dress.