𝐦𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝

July 12th, 2021

July 12th, 2021.
OuterBanks, North Carolina.

𓇼 𓇼 𓇼 𓇼 𓇼

The silence of the hospital flooded throughout my mind. Hearing that he made it but was in critical care worried me but gave me some hope that he would be alright in the end. My father stood up from his chair while he spoke to the doctor about JJ. He had called JJ's father but he knew that he more than likely wouldn't show up. My mother sat beside Sarah and Kiara as she comforted them as if they were her own. I stood beside John B, holding him from the side with support while tears drenched his face. Rafe sat with his face in his hands. He had the dried blood still on his large hands and forearms because he was too busy worrying about everything else that shattered around him. My father nodded his head at whatever the doctor had told him, Pope stood beside him to overhear and observe. Kiara laid her head on my mother's shoulder while Sarah laid her head back against the white colored wall. The doctor shook hands with my father before he walked towards the area that led back into the emergency room.

My body fell with weakness as my father turned to look at me with sadness in his eyes. He had cried much earlier while I was still asleep from the shock. He walked over to me and stared into my eyes with the matching green eyes we shared. John B held my waist with his large hand. "Are you sure Ward was capable of any of this?" My father questioned and narrowed his eyebrows, shaking his head as if he was in disbelief and shock. John B shook his head at my father in response. "That's all I needed to know." He responded to John B before he formed tears in the corners of his eyes. He walked past us and towards Rafe who had sat still and silent. He laid his hand on Rafe's back, watching and hearing Rafe crying into his hands. "It's all my fault." He told my father in fear that he would never be forgiven by me. John B rested his head on my shoulder. My father pulled Rafe into a hug which had changed his life at that moment. His father never gave him the approval or love that Rafe had deserved. He never cared to tell him how proud he was of him, how much he mattered — nothing at all.

He faced the pain and abuse from his father that pretended that he loved his kids. He just wanted to be loved and wanted by someone. John B glanced up at me with his eyes full of hope. "What tests did they do on you?" He asked. I shook my head while staring down the hallway. "It doesn't matter." I told him and glanced back at him as he stared at me. He narrowed his eyebrows. "Tell me, it makes me take my mind off of J." He responded to me. I bit the inside of my cheek because I didn't want to tell any of them that I was pregnant. I didn't want my parents to find out until I was ready. "Blood tests." I told him and looked back down at the hallway. "For what? You didn't get hurt?" He wondered until I glanced towards Rafe. John B opened his mouth and turned to me in disbelief. "Are you pregnant? Did you guys break up like what is going on dude?" He asked to take his mind away from what was going on with JJ. I shook my head at him and stared into his eyes once again. "You are so nosy, aren't you?" I laughed at him and lightened the rough moment that was hard for all of us to imagine. He nodded his head at me,"Absolutely."