𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐦𝐞

July 4th, 2021

July 4th, 2021.
OuterBanks, North Carolina.

𓇼 𓇼 𓇼 𓇼 𓇼

Firework explosions erupted into the air across the horizon of the water once it had became dark. My father had turned on the lights that hung up outside. The bulbs had gleamed against our skin as my mother had made me sit at the end of the table, while JJ had held the cake in the palm of his hands with the sparkler lights lit. His face had been lit up with the light from the candles, a soft smile forming on his face. Kiara, Pope, Sarah, and John B had followed behind JJ and sang the sweet melody of "Happy Birthday to You". I had smiled as my face had lit up from the candles once JJ had sat the cake in front of me and had squatted beside me to keep singing. My heart had pounded in happiness while I had been surrounded by people I loved, and people that I had started to love. Sarah had held her hands in front of her chest with a large smile against her excited face. JB and Pope had smiled while they stood behind JJ, singing to the song that the rest of the group had done. Kiara had started at me with comfort and love forming in her eyes since we had been best friends since our beginning years in high school, although I had been a year older than her.

Once they had finished singing, I had blown the candles out with the air that came from my lungs with a large smile forming on my face. I looked back up to see the group staring at me with pure happiness on their faces. "Thank you." I spoke to them all while I had tucked my hair behind my ear. "Let me cut cake while you start on your presents." My mom spoke as she lifted the cake up and out of my sight, heading inside to cut the slices of cake. My father had left the presents at the end of the table where Rafe was supposed to be seated earlier in the night. Kiara had lifted her bag up from the end of the table, making her way towards me with a gentle smile forming on her tan skinned face. Looking up towards her, she had sat the present in front of me and spoke with a soft tone,"Open it!" She had excitement in her voice but wanted to keep collected in that moment. I nodded and stood up from the chair to dig into the purple bag that had blue and orange tissue paper out of the top. I sat the tissue paper onto the table and pulled out the present that had been hidden underneath the tissue paper. Pulling the present up with the grasps of my finger tips to see that Kiara had bought me a record player that I had been wanting for years, but never got around to buying because it was so expensive. Beside the record player had been Bob Marley and Sublime vinyls that she had picked out since we had listened to both artists multiple times with one another. I looked up at Kiara and had grabbed her into a hug. "Thank you Kie! I love you so much!" I told her and hugged her tightly in my grip which she had done the same to me before pulling away with a huge smile on her face due to my reaction. "I can't believe you bought that for me. I love it so much." I told her and had looked down at the record player that sat in front of me. JJ, JB, and Pope had been standing off to the side while Kiara and Sarah had been watching me open the present Kiara had bought for me. "I'm so glad you love it." She responded and took a seat where JJ had sat before during the dinner. Sarah had grasped ahold of hers that had been in a smaller pink bag with white tissue paper sticking out of the very top of the bag.