𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐢 𝐥𝐢𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐲?

July 4th, 2019OuterBanks, North Carolina

July 4th, 2019
OuterBanks, North Carolina.

𓇼 𓇼 𓇼 𓇼 𓇼

The moonshine glanced against my tan skin as JJ laid beside me in my bed. His lips pressed against mine during the moment of vulnerability with one another. He had pulled his lips away and looked at me with sincerity in his eyes. "I have waited every moment since I last kissed you to kiss you again." He whispered while footsteps walked down the hallway into a room, shutting the door at the end of the hallway. Assuming that it had been my parents heading into the room after the Carrera family and the others had left. I smiled and rested my forehead against JJ's own. He formed a genuine smile on his face, showing his dimples that were imprinted on his cheeks. "I have too." I told him and ran my fingers throughout his hair and played with the curls on the backside of his head. "I don't want to ruin the moment but what Kiara had said, is what she said true?" He asked as he had looked me directly back into the eyes. His eyes gleaming into mine while his pupils had dilated in the darkness. "It's true but I knew that we couldn't be together." I told him and twirled his curls in between my fingers still. The necklace he had given me dangled against my neck while he had looked into my eyes still. "But Rafe has been taking a liking into you?" He questioned as his eyes had stared into mine still, gleaming with curiosity and loving emotions forming inside.

"I saw that he called you beautiful." He spoke once more as I narrowed my eyebrows. His arms had hung around my waist while the both of us had spoke to one another. I nodded. "He did but I don't think he had intentions of being interested in me. We only had hung out for an hour or so a couple nights ago and he wanted to redeem himself around you guys." I told him and leaned my head against the wooden headboard that he had been leaning against already. He nodded his head and kept his soft grip around my waist. "You just wanted a friend. You didn't start to have feelings for him?" JJ asked as he had been intently listening to me whenever I had talked to him in response to the questions. I tucked my hair behind my ear with my open hand that was not playing with his curls. "I thought he was cute but his own sister warned me that he had issues. He told me he had his demons. He faces the same type of abuse you had endured with your own father, it tugs on my heart because I know how troubling it was for you J." I told him and stared into his blue eyes once again before glancing around my room. The house had been silent and setting in the night while the time started to pass.

JJ had nodded and frowned slightly against his handsome face. "You are too sweet for your own good." He told me as he had looked around the room like I had done before. "He has drug and alcohol abuse issues. He was flat out about that and I didn't want anything but to help him. I hate seeing people suffering and you can see it written all over his face behind the toughness." I told JJ and leaned my head against his shoulder that had been leaning against the headboard. "You can still work on helping him, Evie. I'm proud of the person that you have became." He spoke and kissed the top of my head that had leaned on his chest. My hand had still held onto the curls at the back of his head while he had laid his head onto mine. "You mean that?" I asked him and laid my leg up on his leg that was uncovered. He nodded his head. "Would I lie to you, baby?" He asked him with a pet-name that I never thought I would hear come out of JJ's mouth. "You keep working on him. I'll wait for you." He mentioned again.