𝐢 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮

July 10th, 2021

July 10th, 2021.
OuterBanks, North Carolina.

𓇼 𓇼 𓇼 𓇼 𓇼

Sitting up from the bed, uncurling my body from underneath me. I stared at JJ while he held the box of pregnancy tests. "I'm not pregnant." I told him and shook my head in disbelief. JJ bit the inside of his cheek, sitting the Gatorade and medication on the bedside table. I ran my hand over my eyes and through my hair. He sighed with a soft groan in his voice. He sat down on the bed beside me and stared at the floor in front of him. "Listen." He spoke gently and turned to look at me. My eyes widened in confusion from what he had to say. "Rafe was at the country club a couple of days ago with Topper, Kelce, and some other kids." JJ mentioned. His blonde hair sat in the moonlight that came in from the outside of my window in the late evening. "If this is you trying to get me to hate my own boyfriend, I don't want to hear it JJ. You did enough damage earlier." I told him with anger forming in my eyes that made nausea form in a pit inside my stomach. He shook his head at me with his pure sincerity written all over his face. "I know but I had a reason." He explained and but his lip.

I tucked my hair behind my ear, pushing my knee up against my chest to get rid of the pain in my stomach. "He was telling them that you guys had sex. He was telling all of them. He told them of how he took your virginity." JJ explained once again and stared at me with pure sincerity and sadness forming in his bright blue eyes. "Go on?" I asked him and glanced around my room as I had fallen in betrayal. Maybe Sarah was right about her brother? He was a player. "He told all of them that you made him finish inside of you. He made you out to be a whore that you aren't because you haven't even touched a guy before. It angered me and I couldn't see you with him." He explained more in depth. I nodded my head as I felt the anger from JJ, rise into my body towards Rafe. I felt betrayed. Disrespected. "I couldn't see him hold you today knowing what he said about you and I took that out on you." He spoke and shook his head with sorrow. "You were looking out for me." I told him while tears started to form in the corners of my eyes from the disbelief of what someone I started to trust, had done to me.

JJ laid his hand on my open knee to show that he was there to comfort me. He handed me the box of pregnancy tests. "I'm sorry I had to tell you." He spoke with gentleness as tears started to run down my face. He stared at me in disbelief before he grabbed me into a tight hug. He rubbed my back with the palm of his hands. His right hand grabbed the back of my messy hair, holding it in his palm while tears dropped from my eyes. I felt almost as if my heart had been ripped out of my chest. I wish I hadn't made the choice of losing my virginity to someone that was able to get around with as many girls as he wanted too. I wish I had made the choice to listen to my friends when they said 'Avoid Rafe at all costs'. I wanted to see the best in him, but it would have been much better if I could have shoved him off when Kiara and Sarah told me to ignore him the first time. He was a drunk and drug abuser. He didn't want me. Did he?

Pulling away from JJ's warming hug, I stood up from my bed while grasping for the box of tests that I refused in my mind to take. "I'll wait out here for you." He spoke as he let go of my body out of his comfort. I nodded my head and wiped the tears with my open hand. I was tired of crying and feeling a sense of fear everyday that I had awaken. I shut the bathroom door behind me and sat the pregnancy test box on my counter. I narrowed my eyebrows as I broke open the box, pulling out a singular test. I sat it down on the counter. I headed back to the bathroom door, opening the door while peaking my head out to look at JJ. He sat with his head down in his lap as he had been waiting patiently. "Should I take two?" I asked him and narrowed my eyebrows. He looked up in confusion, shrugging his shoulders. "I'm not sure, Iz." He responded.