𝐦𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬

July 2nd, 2021

July 2nd, 2021.
Outer Banks, North Carolina.

𓇼 𓇼 𓇼 𓇼 𓇼

Fresh blossomed flowers sat beside me in the tan passenger seat, tropical flowers in particular. I had gone to the local floral market to pick up flowers that would pull my room together as much as it was unfinished for right now. I had been home much later than I had planned after the gym, but I wanted to feel more acclimated to the surrounding around me.

The ford Branco had pulled into the stone driveway as my parents had the garage door open while they had been unloading items that needed to be moved into the house. I had held my hand up in the area to acknowledge my parents while I had opened the door to the yellow car. I had stepped out of the car with my belongings in my hand, alongside the tropical flowers and a herbal tea that was sold beside the floral market. The sounds of moving boxes had mixed around with the crashing of the moving water. I locked the car with the automatic lock system and headed up to the front entrance instead of the crowded garage entrance. Headed into the front side of the house, Kaia and Wheezie had been playing with Jack and Indie in the den room that had the sea view from the large windows. I smiled at the two girls that had so much personality for their ages. "Hi Wheezie and Kaia." I spoke while I sat down the belt bag and keys on the kitchen counter. My hands had grasped onto a simple white vase that sat on top of the white marbled counter tops. I sat the tropical flowers on the cleared counter and took the vase towards the sink, filling up the white vase half way full. I had pulled the flower cutters out of the junk drawer that sat beside the end of the island, cutting the flowers at an angle before setting them into the vase. The two girls had been occupied with the sweet pups that had wanted their attention. I grasped against the vase and headed towards my bedroom that was down the hallway that started to come together in time.

Pushing the door open with my covered feet, I had walked towards the dresser that had sat near the large window. The dresser held clothing that had been folded neatly into the drawers while I had left framed photos and seashells on the top of it, figuring out where I had wanted to put things in that moment. Slipping my shoes off, I had taken them into the closet and pushed them into the specific area that had been made for the shoes. I had looked around at the closet to find clothing for the day. My fingers grasped against the fabric that had hung from the wooden bars, grabbing ahold of a simple crepe tank top that had been ruffled with a deep v-line. Alongside the shirt, I had grasped ahold of a pair of darker jeans that had a flared bottom. I headed into the bathroom with the clothing and undergarments in my hand, setting them onto the clean marble counter while I had turned towards the shower — turning the metal handle onto the warm setting. I had shut the bathroom door and stripped myself from the soft clothing that had been drenched in sweat. Throwing them into the woven laundry hamper that sat in the corner of the bathroom near that small closet that held towels and extras.

I had stepped into the glass shower, feeling the water run down the spine of my back. I had lifted my hands towards my hair and ran them through the thick hair that laid in the middle of my back. I had hummed gently to myself, filling the palm of my hand with the coconut scented shampoo. I had rubbed the shampoo into my scalp before rinsing it ; repeating the step with conditioner at the ends of my hair. I had rinsed the hair with the warm water and washed my body, smelling the scent of ocean flow from the scent of the soaps. Drips of water ran against my cheeks and the tan skin underneath the shower head. My fingers rubbed the cleanser against my face to remove the excess oil and dirt from my face, finishing the shower up within ten minutes. I had wiped my face with the palms of my hands before turning the shower faucet off. Pushing the glass door open and stepping onto the small blue mat that I had bought for the bathroom months ago. My hands reached for the white towel that I had hung up the night before, wiping the water from my body in order to get dressed.