𝐜𝐫𝐮𝐞𝐥 𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫

"Killing me slow, out the window

    I'm always waiting for you
     To be waiting below. "

August 1st, 2021.
OuterBanks, North Carolina.

𓇼 𓇼 𓇼 𓇼 𓇼

The large hands of my boyfriend laid against the almost non-existent bump on my stomach. Laying my head back against his tanned and wet chest from him surfing all morning. My mother had taken out her phone in motherly fashion, forcing us to take a photo that she could show to her group of Kook mothers that have known me since I was born. Meanwhile, my father had taken the boards back to the Tacoma he had driven. He sat my board on the racks of the truck, making sure that none of the boards would be hit while he was on his way home. Rafe smiled gently at the camera that my mother had forced us to pose in front of. She smiled in excitement, unbelievably happy that her first daughter was finally going to be a mother and didn't suffer the issues she had suffered when she was much younger. She had lived through me viraculaosy due to her own daughter becoming pregnant within the first try. Wishing that she had the same experience, except she was happy for me in the best way possible. I knew that her and my father would make incredible grandparents as they had been incredible parents to me and my sister.

My father turned to her and gave her a thumbs up. "Honey, leave the kids alone. They don't want their happy news broadcasted everywhere." He called out to my mother as she smiled excitedly while she stared at us with happiness in her blue eyes. "I know! I'm just so excited for them." She called out to him in response to his comment. She smiled at Rafe and I once again. "We'll see you at home." She said while Rafe and I had moved away from another. I nodded at her and watched her pick up the towels she had used to lay out in the sun. Her body was fit and petite. She was able to look young like my father had. I turned to Rafe with a large smile on my face. "I thought your dad was going to actually kill me." Rafe commented and laughed as he grabbed my cheeks in his hands. He bent down to kiss me against my mouth with a smile forming in between it. Our mouths moved in sync with another with passion. Pulling away, I stared up at the loving boy that was sunburnt on his face alongside his shoulders. I placed my hand against his face. My thumb swiped against his soft face. "Aw, baby you're all sunburnt." I told him to avoid what he had commented about my father because I had agreed.

He narrowed his eyebrows. His blonde hair hung down on his forehead. His smile brightened up the moment, making my heart pound against my chest. Despite us being in what is called the "honeymoon" stage or phase — it was hard not to be obsessed with him as a person. He was practically perfect. He was what I had dreamt about when I thought of who I would be in love with one day. He was very tall, muscular, and tan. He was now officially a surfer which was on the plus side for me. He was extremely handsome. His bright eyes and smile had made me weak in the knees alongside his touch. His personality was sweet and gentle when he wanted to be. As much as he seemed like an asshole on the outside, he was much more of a sweetheart now that he didn't have extreme pressure and depression waiting on his shoulders to attack him. Nonetheless, he was sober for almost a month. I was proud of the person that he was becoming and wanted to become for me.