𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭

"To all the days we were together

To all the time we played a part in each other's life.
Heart to Heart."

August 2nd, 2021.
OuterBanks, North Carolina.

𓇼 𓇼 𓇼 𓇼 𓇼

Our arms wrapped around another like our life had depended on it. We sat in the silence of each other as the waves crashed against another. The sound of it became peaceful and cherishable in that sentimental moment we shared as best friends. My hands gripped onto his shoulders while he held me against my back. Waiting for John B to drive his boat towards the dock that was marked as the "Madison & Cameron Estate Dock". The sunset had shined down our tanned skin and warmed us in the summer breeze.

Feeling comfortable in his presence. I allowed us to rest in the atmosphere that made us feel vulnerable to another. "You know, it feels nice just to be around you again." He mentioned before he pulled away from the hug that made everything feel okay again. "How is the baby?" He asked and stared down at the small pouch that started to form in my lower abdomen. People wouldn't be able to tell that I was pregnant until I became a couple months into it. "It's fine so far, just growing and a little nauseous every time that I eat." I explained before he placed his hand on top of my stomach in gentleness. "It?" He questioned and narrowed his eyebrows. His eyes brightened with excitement like it was when I had told him when we discovered that I was pregnant. Rafe didn't know about it, and I didn't want to even tell him because it would devastate him. "We won't find out the gender until eighteen weeks which is in November sometime. I have an ultrasound scheduled for the end of September to just see how things are going." I explained to him before he took his hand away from the small belly that started to form. "How is Rafe feeling about being a dad?" He asked and reached for the beer that sat on his left side. I glanced back out into the view of the waves.

"He's happy about it. He's excited for the baby but he wants a boy, for sure." I smiled at him and turned my head back towards him. "Either way I'm sure he'd be happy." He responded as he placed the beer in between his lap. The breeze blew a much stronger wind through our hair. Goosebumps raised against my skin. "I'm sure he will be. Did you see the ultrasound photos that confirmed that I'm pregnant?" I asked him as I stared at him with doe eyes starting to form while I looked at him with a sense of gentleness. He shook his head now but formed a smile on his face. "I want to see it when the baby is shown." He responded. "It's just crazy to think that I've known you since we were so young and now you're going to have a baby." He mentioned and glanced towards the sunset that had sat above the horizon. I smiled at him. "Yeah, life moves quickly. I didn't expect to be having a kid at eighteen." I explained and rested my hand on my stomach with comfortability. He laid his hands behind him and held his body up instead of being hunched over on the wooden dock. His feet kicked lightly in the summer water that stays cold year around.

Silence surrounded us. Hearing boats in the distance that sounded like JB's boat, but instead it was multiple Kooks that were driving their party boat with music blasting from the deck. "All that matters to me is that I'm able to be a part of your life and the baby's life." He added and glanced in the direction of the yacht-like boat that was driving past a couple miles away. "And you will be. Rafe isn't mad at you, JJ." I explained to him while my hands held my body up, dangling my feet above the water once again. He narrowed his eyebrows. "I know he isn't. He would've beaten my ass already." He laughed gently to cheer himself up after our vulnerability towards another. Starting to laugh at his comment, I shook my head at him. "You know, I hope you find someone that makes you happy. You deserve it, J." I mentioned and tucked strands of my hair behind my ears once again due to the wind blowing. He narrowed his eyebrows at me. Almost like he was taken back by the comment I had made towards him. He lifted the beer to his mouth, taking another large swig in his mouth.