𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐠

"I was ridin' shotgun with my hair undone in the front seat of his car

in the front seat of his car.
I grabbed a pen and a old napkin...
and I wrote down our song"

August 3rd, 2021.
Charleston, South Carolina.

𓇼 𓇼 𓇼 𓇼 𓇼

Music surrounded the luxurious car. His hand held onto my thigh while his left hand rested on the steering wheel in front of him. Looking at each other occasionally and stared around at the green environment that surrounded us as we drove for multiple hours on end. Talking about how excited we were to head into downtown Charleston to go line dancing, eat dinner with each other, and hang out on his family's farm land. It was exciting to be away from the coast despite that it was all that I knew. I didn't know what country life was like. I had only known the surf life, since my father had me surfing since I was around four years old. Rafe had shuffled the songs from the aux that plugged into my phone. Our Song by Taylor Swift played around us which made me feel like a young girl again. My mouth opened to sing along to the country song, the fake country accent overcoming my voice to try and sound like Taylor's country accent.

Rafe looked at me with his eyebrows narrowing as we passed into a town that was outside of Charleston. "Oh, you're a Taylor Swift girl?" He asked before glancing back at the road in front of us. He tapped his fingers on the steering wheel as I smiled at him in excitement. "Oh absolutely. She's my favorite artist." I told him while he held onto my thigh with the tips of his fingers. The tips of his fingers ran small circles around my skin, creating a goosebump sensation across my body. He shook his head at me and glanced towards me for a split second. "You don't like Taylor?" I asked him and sat up in the seat after leaning back for multiple hours as he drove out of North Carolina. He shrugged his shoulders at me before I leaned my head onto his shoulder, my arms wrapping around his muscular arm that held onto my thigh. "Not the biggest fan." He explained before I gasped in dramatic detail to him telling me that he wasn't a fan of Taylor Swift.

"Oh baby, you have to become a fan. She's perfect. I love her, she's like my childhood as a whole." I told him and laughed gently before he kissed the top of my head. His eyes glanced back towards the road that was seemingly empty on the way to Charleston. "I'll do anything for you, if you're a Taylor Swift fan, so am I." He laughed and threw his pointer finger up on his left hand while he held onto the steering wheel in front of him. He leaned back in his seat in relaxation as he kept his eyes on the road. I hummed along to the song that surrounded us. The song represented summer. Summer romance that Rafe and I had. The romance that was so beautiful and fun, exciting to be in. It felt as if the both of us were so alive and happy to be with another. Our Song was the song that reminded me of all the summers that I had, but knowing that this summer was so perfect for this exact song. Even if Rafe and I didn't have "our song" towards another. He started to hum to the song after he heard a couple of the lyrics repeat itself. "I'm going to get you introduced to all of her music." I told him with a large smile that showed the dimples in my cheeks.