Late Night Chats 14

I was hanging out in the park when I saw a bright flash by the lake. I got up from the bench I was sitting on and headed over. I saw someone leaning over trying to stay steady.

Then I saw the glint on the lake. It was ice. The whole lake was covered in pale blue. I inch closer after remembering Russia's outburst. Maybe he was out trying to see what it could do.

My assumptions were confirmed as he turned around and made eye contact. I smiled heading down. "What are you doing?" He looked at me confused his eyes seemed to have a frosted look.

"I saw something flash. I wanted to see what it was." I sat down a few feet away from the lake. "You're pretty good at the whole lash out tactic." I smile glancing towards the giant sheet of ice.

He rubbed his neck before exhaling. "I was curious about what I could do." He mumbled. I smirked at him. I wanted to show off. "Can I show you my burst?" I look at him and he nods, sitting down.

I throw my hand out and a quick rush of energy shoots down my arm and ignited sending a firey ball at the ice. The ice completely shattered and I glanced as Russia pulled his sleeve up to block the oncoming shards.

"Sooo whatcha think?" I asked ,pulling his arm away. "Nice, it reminds me of fireworks, and it's kinda uncontrolled. It's fire though." He mumbled. I notice his arm go up basically mocking my motion.

Pain flashed across his face as a shard of ice struck the ground. "Is it normal to feel pain when you do this?" He asked, slumping against the tree. I glance at the ice and see a black swirl inside.

"Uh in the beginning it hurt, since I wasn't used to it but its painless now." I sit next to him and I hear the wheezing. Did it really take that much out of him?

I leaned closer and he flinched harshly. I could see the look in his eyes they were filled with fear, but of what? "Look out-" he shouted. I swing around and knock someone over.

"Owww what the fuck America dad is looking for you I came to find you." I reconized his voice. "Canada, what the fuck?" I help him up and glance at Russia, he seemed to calm down.

"Sorry, but why is Russia here?" Maple gestured towards him. Russia sighed. "Wanted to be alone Meri saw me and came to chat. And sorry anout the false alarm I thought you were someone else. "

Canada nodded. "Gotta head home Ame, it's late enough." He pulled my arm and left Russia alone. "Canada I can't just leave him alone." I said catching up. He looked at me bags under his eyes. "He'll be fine. And you need sleep too."

My mom and dad were waiting when we came in. "Hello son, everything alright you were out longer than usual." Dad said sipping hot tea. "Ran into Russia thought I'd chat a bit." I say grabbing a water bottle.

My mom walked closer. "Honey we need to talk." I look at her, what had I done wrong, I don't remember anything. "Ok" I sit down on the chair and mom and father sit aswell.

"We got an Email from UN stating you have a trip coming up. Would you like to go and are you cool with us setting rules." My father questioned. It would depend what I'm doing on the trip to decide if I wanna go or not.

"Umm what is it?" I ask and mom mentioned something about camping and beaches and hotels and interstingly enough a bar visit. It was a strange idea but it didn't sound horrible.

"Uh sure is Russia going?" I wanted to hang out with him as often as possible and what better way than this? Dad nodded mentioning that USSR wanted his son to have fun.

I said goodnight and went to bed, I'll think about it tomorrow morning.